Adoration 1 (Sora x Texas)

A/N: So before anyone asks this is set apart from any of the Texas, Exusiai and Lappland fics I have written so far. I got a request to write these two so that's what I'm doing. Let me know what y'all think in the comments and don't forget to vote! 😊

******

"Okay . . . Truth or dare Sora?" Croissant asked.

It was a quiet evening at the Penguin Logistics headquarters. With the work for the day long since done it was time to unwind. What better way to do so than through carefree games like this one? That's how Sora, Croissant, Exusiai and Texas found themselves in the lounge room together. Emperor was enduring the usual argument with a stingy client, presumably nursing a bottle of cognac in his flippers with the phone on speaker. If Sora tried hard enough she could pick up the faint frustrated murmurs of the boss as he tried and failed to keep an even temper. New business was nice but if the client was too much of a hassle to negotiate with she hardly saw the point.

Just think of the money Sora. That's what Emperor says anyways.

Sometimes she didn't get that Penguin.

"Uh, Sora. Are you listening?" Exusiai asked.

"She's not." Texas affirmed.

Sora sputtered, nearly dropping her own drink onto the carpet. Texas rarely spoke unless directly spoken too. The dark haired wolf was an enigma of sorts, icy yet calm in nature. She was also the same person who'd saved her the first day they met. It had been the start of PL's endorsement of her career, and, more importantly, the start of her blissful attraction to Texas. Not that anyone else knew about it. Or will. I'm not sharing. They'd just laugh probably. Except for Texas. She didn't know what Texas would do. She was too unpredictable. It was part of her allure.

Like now, when she responded without even being spoken too.

She's not even on the couch with us. How did she hear?

Texas was leaning up against the window, bicolored eyes peering out at the city below. Her ears swiveled toward the conversation as her foot gave a small tap.

"Haha! Yeah, I wasn't . . . Sorry."

Sora rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. There was no point denying it, not when Texas pointed things out. If a leader's word was law then this definitely ran true in the case of Texas, their strong, responsible leader who never let them down. Sora felt her admiration grow for the stoic Lupo with each passing day. But she did not dare say a word about this to no one.

At least, not until now.

"Ah, well, just pay attention then." Exusiai murmured, hardly seeming to mind being ignored. The angel's bubbly personality was seemingly impossible to dim, just like the bright halo over her messy pink hair. No amount of combing sufficed to get it to calmly lay about.

"Mhmm. So I'll ask again. Sora: truth or dare?" Croissant asked.

"Uh," she chewed on her lower lip. What was the best option here? Surely dare would only result in something silly? This was Croissant so the request would likely be less wild then whatever Exusiai might come up with. But she is prone to to taking suggestions . . . So that settles it. "truth."

"Aww! You're no fun." Exusiai pouted.

"No, she's just smart. Remember the last time Croissant took one of your suggestions?" Texas raised an unimpressed eyebrow at them.

"Heh. Yeah. Emperor ended up flooding the second floor for a slip in slide." Croissant was chuckling.

"Yes, and Sora sprained her wrist and one of the paintings was drenched beyond repair," Texas said pointedly. "This is yet another reason why I can't leave any of you home alone, especially not while drunk."