>>>Chapter 18<<<

An incredible shame; Rimrod Julius was six feet under. Killed in a shootout with the police about two years back, his forty days had caught up with him.

That left two more, one way or another Sadlyeen crossed him off her list barely affected by the information.

Heartless, maybe.

Dale delivered the news at their club den the day before.

Too bad. 

It was one of those lazy days at the office. Her ankle-boot covered feet were poised on her desk her chair slightly back in a posture she called relaxation. As the weekdays ended, she always took full advantage of casual Fridays.

Despite her status in the workplace she despised official clothes. They were so institutional and restrictive, that being said she still turned heads, dressed to kill, no matter the appropriate clothing.

That Friday she choose black leather pants and a light chiffon-like blue top cropped high on the front and a bit low on the back. Her very long grey coat lay draped on her chair. She opened her eyes after hearing the door open; in synchronized timing Chrissie’s voice informed via the intercom.

“Hottie on the way to your office Sade.”
She lazily reached her long hand for the button and responded.
“Thanks Chris”

Michael stood at the door smiling the smile that liquefied her insides. He closed the door and strided to her without saying anything. He rubbed her legs through the leather and dropped them gently to the floor.
Leaning on the desk where her feet had been, he extended his hand.

When she took it he pulled her to him in an abrupt move that crushed their bodies together. He kissed her hard before he spoke.

“Hottie is here to kidnap beautiful.” She couldn’t help the grin.
“I have to work Michael.” She feigned resistance.
“I can see that.” He murmured sarcastically. “If you’ll notice I used the word kidnap so you have naught a say in the matter.”

She managed to grab her coat before Michael nudged her to the elevator. Chrissie gave her a knowing look and a thumbs up as they passed. Once in the elevator, he threaded his fingers through hers.

“Is a minute enough?” he questioned out of the blue clearly checking her out.
She simply stood there not understanding the question.
“I don’t think so either.” He continued. With a heated look he kissed her. 
"Oh well, I'll take what I can get. I can't stop thinking about you."

Running his knuckles along her cheek, he kissed her again and returned to his earlier position. They did not say anything until they reached the parking.

“Hey babe, where are your car keys?” She reached into the coat and handed them to him. She’d taken the hummer to work, she loved the car.
He opened the passenger door for her, “C’mon now, like a good kidnapped wolf.”
“If I was kidnapped Michael I’d fight like an animal.”
“I know wolf, but I’m not just any kidnapper I’m I”

Michael Greene was a good driver. Unlike her maniacal driving he steered effortlessly, skillfully timed and comfortably. He also looked delectable in blue jeans, a grey sweater shirt and loafers.

“I can feel you staring.”
She didn’t respond she simply winked when he gazed at her.
The man even parked sexy, that even possible? She was unhinged.

He took her hand again and led her through the doors into a building she didn’t even know existed. She stopped mid-step when she realized where they were.

“Michael you wonderful bastard, a motor show.  I love… it so much.” She kissed him and took his hand, switching form to lead him.

Small thoughtful gestures like that touched her deeply. Slowly chipping through her armor it seemed. She loved it... Yes it, not him. She enjoyed motor shows and he was a sweetheart for remembering. Sadlyeen was in a lot of trouble.