Chapter 5 - California Sunshine

June 19, 2013

[Karsyn]

I HAVE NOT HAD SEX SINCE THIS TOUR STARTED.

Thank GOD we're back home, even though technically we won't make it home until tomorrow. We arrived here at the Staples Center an hour ago by bus and the crews are already busy trying to get everything set up for the show tonight.

And then this little tour is over with.

I guess it's a good test for Haley, especially since in August we'll be going off for a few months. I just... I need some time alone with Nick and hopefully I'm getting that tonight. He called and rented us a hotel suite not far from here and I'm going to see if Donnie and Emmileigh will watch Haley.

I can't get pregnant if I can't have sex, unless there's something people aren't telling me.

Apparently after the Charlotte concert and people seeing Tony there, fans started talking about the whole Tony/Haley thing again and I think it's just starting to die down a little.

I'm just glad we have a few weeks at home before going on the cruise. Then the guys are going to Europe to do two shows... then come back here until the NKOTBSB tour. I think Haley and I are just going to stay home since it's two shows.

"What are you laying there thinking about?" Nick asked as he walked out of the little bathroom, putting a t-shirt on. "Your eyes are scanning the ceiling."

"I feel like crap and I'm just laying here thinking," I said as he crawled on the bed.

"Well I hope you feel better tonight," Nick whispered, leaning over to kiss me. "Donnie and Emmi should be here soon and your other half will be whole again."

"I thought you were my other half?" I asked as he snorted.

"Yeah right, bitch I'm a whole," he said, causing me to laugh. "Have no fear, my sperm is near," he said as I stared at him. "Tonight. I's get you pregnant."

"You better or I'm gonna give up on you and go sex dream AJ," I said as he pinched my arm before climbing off the bed.

[/Karsyn]

[Emmileigh]

I was excited. Karsyn was going to be back in town, and me and Donnie were gonna head into the city to meet up with them and watch the new Backstreet Boys show.

Alma had flown in town to look after the kids, and it was going to be the first time I left the twins overnight since they were born.

So as well as being excited, I was extremely nervous.

"You ready, baby?"

I turned around to Donnie as he walked into the nursery. "Yes.. and no. I'm gonna miss them."

"It's just overnight baby." Donnie pulled me against him and kissed my cheek. "They will be fine."

"I know. I'll just miss them."

"Come on.. you look amazing by the way."

I looked down at myself before smiling. I had put on a dress I'd owned before I was pregnant. It was a little snug, but it fit. "Thanks. This dress is old."

"I remember it from tour."

"You do?"

Donnie nodded. "Yup. I especially loved how it showed your cleavage off perfectly. Glad to see that hasn't changed."

I giggled and moved closer to Donnie, kissing him softly. "Lets go."

Donnie took my hand and we walked downstairs to see Alma sat on the couch with Logan and Savannah on her lap. "We're off now, Ma."

We walked over to her. I bent down and kissed the twins cheeks before standing up. "Elijah will be dropped off around 4. And the twins have started on some baby food.. it's in the kitchen, and they still have a bottle before bed.."

"Baby.. it's ok. I told mom." Donnie smiled softly at me, making me hide my face in his arm.

"It's ok, sweetheart. I know.. I've been there. They will be fine."

I nodded into Donnie's arm, making him laugh. "Thanks mom. Call if you need us. We'll be back tomorrow for lunch."

"Have fun kids.. and don't worry.. they will be fine."

I waved bye before following Donnie out the house and towards the car.

"Ready?"

I looked up at Donnie and nodded. "Ready.

[/Emmileigh]

[Nick]

"I think the fans are going to love the surprise," Kevin said as the other guys nodded. We stood in the arena as the crew finished setting up the stage and way before VIP.

"But, I mean, they know we're doing another NKOTBSB tour, so it's not that big of a surprise," I said as Kevin nodded behind me and I turned around, seeing Karsyn and Haley walking up.

"What surprise?" she asked as I looked at the other guys and they shook their heads.

"Nothing, Donnie and Emmi aren't here yet?" I asked as she crossed her arms over her chest. "What?"

"What surprise?" she asked. I watched Haley walk over to AJ who picked her up, listening to her talk about how she was going to get to see Carter, Chunk and Skittles tomorrow. "Nick...."

"There's no surprise," I said as she glared at me. "Karsyn..."

"Why are you so annoying lately?" she asked as she started to walk off.

"AJ, watch her," I said as I jogged up to Karsyn, walking beside her. "Babe, I can't tell you. You'll find out tonight. Can't you just take a surprise?"

"I'm taking everything else you dish out, I might as well," she hissed as we both paused, seeing Emmileigh and Donnie walk in.

"It's not that..."

"Whatever," she said, walking up to Emmileigh, hugging her tightly. "Thank God you're here."

"I can't tell you everything all the time," I said as Donnie and Emmileigh looked at me and then back at Karsyn. "God, I'm glad we're home so maybe you won't be so moody now."

"Just watch Haley," she said as she looked at Emmileigh, taking her hand and walking off.

[/Nick]