Chapter 19 - Secrets & Lies

August 20/21st 2013

[Karsyn]

I laid there in bed, staring at the ceiling of the bus. I was kind of paranoid. I wasn't paranoid that Nick had to do an after party and was at a club. Why would I be worried about that? Fucker is so whipped. I wasn't worried about Donnie having to go either.

It's the fact that I saw Lucie get into a car with one of the guards to go is what worried me.

And if I wasn't pregnant and showing and in the mood to go, I would have went just to keep my eye on her. I was kind of paranoid that Emmileigh was right. I asked Haley if Lucie ever said anything about Nick or Donnie or any of the other guys, but she said no, only when she was doing math, she would use them to add and subtract.

Haley was passed out in her bunk when I heard someone come into the bus. I figure it had to be Nick since it was almost two in the morning. Whoever it was, was quiet, because they knew Haley was asleep.

Then the door slid open and Nick walked in, yanking his t-shirt off.

"Honey, I'm home," he said, kicking his shoes off. His jeans and belt went off with the others and he climbed onto the bed, laying down. "Time for sleep."

"Sleep?"

"Yes, sleep."

"Why?"

"Because damn Donnie can throw a party, bitch wore me out," Nick muttered as I crawled into his lap, straddling his waist. "Stop, sleep."

"What happened to sexy time?" I asked as he closed his eyes and shook his head. "What's wrong? What is it?"

"Sleep."

"You only want to sleep like this when you're keeping something from me," I said as he opened his eyes.

"Fuck woman, you're learning me good."

"What is it, Nick?"I asked as he moved his hands up my thighs and I smacked them away. He pouted and I shook my head. "You tell me or you don't get any sexy time until the baby comes and maybe even then you won't get any."

"Oh come on!"

"We still got a while, don't we Gracie," I said, running my hand over my stomach.

"Fine! Lucie made a pass at Donnie tonight at the club!" he said as he sat up and tried to kiss me but I stopped him. "Hey, Donnie's not dumb, he didn't fall for it."

"Where's Donnie at? Did he come back with you?" I asked as Nick shook his head slowly.

"We're in Boston, he was signing autographs when I left," Nick said as I climbed off of him and laid back down on the bed.

Emmileigh was right about her.

[/Karsyn]

[Emmileigh]

It was 3am and I was wide awake, sat on the bed at the back of the bus waiting for Donnie to come back.

I'd not heard from him since his text after the show, telling me he was going to the afterparty. I wasn't bothered that he'd gone. I knew Donnie, and I knew this was something he'd enjoy.

But I also knew that Nick was back. I'd heard him say bye to his bodyguard as they left their car.

So where was my husband?

I gave up waiting for him on the bed and got up, checking on the babies before heading into the main room. Alma had left to go home after the show, leaving us with a dozen home made dinners. She was a complete godsend, and up until now she had actually eased my mind on stuff, but now my mind was on overdrive.

I made myself a cup of tea and grabbed a bag of cookies before settling on the small couch. I was halfway through the bag of cookies when I heard the bus door woosh open. I sipped at my tea and looked up as Donnie walked in.

"Your up.."

I nodded. "Where were you?"

Donnie gave me a look at he shrugged his jacket off. "The after party."

I shook my head. "What? That ended well over an hour ago. I heard Nick come back."

"I was signing for fans." He sat down beside me and pulled his shoes off. I looked at him and frowned.

"You have lipstick on your cheek."

Donnie wiped his cheek, but it was still there. "Yea, fans were kissing my cheek."

"You stink like alcohol too."

Donnie looked at me. "What? Am I not allowed to drink now?"

I frowned, hearing his tone of voice and sighed. Maybe I was nagging for no reason. "No... I was just saying."

"I'm going to bed." Donnie stood up and walked through passed the bunks and too our room.

I needed to realise that Alma was right. I had nothing to worry about with Donnie. He had been working. That's all.

I sighed and rinsed my cup up, and placed the bag of cookies back in the cupboard before picking Donnie's shoes up, placing them out the way and grabbing his jacket, but his wallet, some change and papers fell out the pockets.

"Shit.." I muttered, and laid his jacked on the couch the right way before bending down. I retrieved his wallet, and picked up the change, putting them back in his pocket before picking up the small pieces of paper. Most were reciepts, but one... stood out.