Chapter 28 - Back to London

October 13, 2013
London, England

[Emmileigh]

I'd been up most the night feeling sick as a dog, so by the time the twins had woken up I'd already gotten everything ready for the day.

I got the twins fed and dressed and left Elijah with Donnie before meeting Karsyn at her bus.

"Hey! One second I'll be ready."

I nodded and leant against the stroller as Haley jumped down the bus steps. "Morning Haley."

"Moo-rneeeng!" She said, making me laugh.

"What was that?"

"I'm talking like you!" Haley said, grinning.

I started laughing and smiled at Haley. "You want to be British?"

Haley nodded. "Then I'll be a real real princess."

I smiled and looked up at Karsyn walked down the steps. "You sure you want to go out today?"

Karsyn nodded as she huffed and puffed walking over to me. "Yes. I need baby stuff."

I rolled my eyes, knowing she didn't at all.

"Ok then, lets head on out before the fans crowd around."

We headed over to the tube, despite the fact we could just take a taxi, and took advantage of the fact we could shop.

[/Emmileigh]

[Karsyn]

I constantly found myself sitting down every few minutes while we shopped, but I didn't care. For some reason they had cuter baby clothes over there than they did in America.

We found a bunch of cute onsies and Emmileigh said, you couldn't have enough of those. I found one with a 'G' on it for Gracie and bought it in a few different colors. I don't know why. It's not like we were gonna get her confused with another baby.

"Karsyn!!" Emmileigh shouted as I walked over to where she was in the shop as she held up two hot pink dresses, one in a newborn size and one in a size that I was sure would fit Haley. "If you don't get it, I'm getting it."

"Fuck that, I'm getting it," I said, taking the bigger dress from her. "That's Haley's size, too."

"They can dress up like one another, she'd love that," Emmileigh said as I checked the smaller dress. "If only they had one in your size."

"I think you're going too far now," I said. "Oh my God, get one for Savannah! They can all dress alike!"

"My child isn't a Carter," she said as I snorted, grabbing another small dress to see it was Savannah's size. "My child isn't a Carter."

"No, but she's getting a matching dress, too," I said, laughing as I grabbed my side. I tried to hide the fact that I was hurting but I knew Emmileigh saw it. "It's a kick, it's nothing."

"Are you sure?" she asked as I nodded.

"Yeah, she's just running out of space in there and apparently doesn't like this dress idea," I said as Emmileigh snorted. I handed all three dresses to the cashier, before grabbing three matching headbands. "We'll take these three."

"Donnie is going to kill you for dressing Savannah like a Carter," Emmileigh said as I rolled my eyes.

"Could be worse. She could get dressed like a McLean again," I said as she cracked up laughing.

[/Karsyn]

[Emmileigh]

After our major shopping attack we headed back to the arena. We'd lost track of time, forgetting their was actually a show that night, and somehow got caught in the concert congestion on the tube.

Luckily no one bothered us.

"I'm gonna have to get these two down for a nap when we get back. Can't believe they haven't slept yet." I peered into the stroller, seeing both babies still wide awake.

"Think I might have to nap too." Karsyn grumbled as the tube train came into North Greenwich station.

"Here we aare!" I smiled at Karsyn and waited for her to get out the train before pushing the stroller out. I was glad Donnie insisted we'd buy a twin stroller, but one where one baby sits in front of the other. Made getting around so much easier.

"It's no wonder you lost all that baby weight fast.. that stroller is heavy."

I chuckled at Karsyn as we approached the escalator. Some random guy helped me with the stroller on the first escalator, but when it came to the second one we were stuck.

"I can hold it you know." Karsyn said as we stood watching the escalator.

"Karsyn, you're pregnant."

"No shit sherlock. Come on, lets go.." Karsyn moved to the front of the stroller and motioned for me to follow her when I heard someone shout.

A voice I hadn't heard in a long time.

"Emmileigh Knightly!"

"Oh shit.." My eyes widened when I realised who it was.

"Let's go." Karsyn gave me a look, making me grip the stroller and go to move, but my hand was yanked away.

"ONE WHOLE YEAR! And now you're back!"

I looked at my mom, who looked a complete wreck. Hair a mess, eyes bloodshot and wild. She was high.

"Get off me." I muttered, trying to rip my arm from her grip, but she tightened her hold.

"No fucking way. Now you're back you're not going anywhere. Come on!" She yanked me back, making me stumble.

"NO! Get off me!" I pulled on my arm, freeing it and moving back to the stroller. Karsyn was quick for a change and we got on the escalator, her holding the front of the stroller.

"GET BACK HERE!"

I looked behind me to see my mum frantically running up the left side of the escalator.

"FUCK OFF BITCH! Seriously!" Karsyn yelled at my mom. Which I knew was a bad move.

"Shut up you fat whore. This is MY daughter."

"Fat whore. HAH!" Karsyn laughed. "At least I'm not an old, washed up skank whore who lets dirty men fuck with her kid!"

I saw my mum's eyes widen before she shoved at the stroller and grabbed Karsyn's arm.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!"

It happened in slow motion. One minute Karsyn was holding on to the rail and trying her best to get my mum off her. And the next...

Rolling down the escalator.

[/Emmileigh]