Chapter 22 - Back to Europe

September 9, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden / London, England

[Karsyn]

Yeah, for some reason touring in Europe isn't as fun this time. Not only is Haley not liking the food in these different places, I feel like bad mother constantly trying to find a McDonalds to buy her a happy meal and me a Quarter Pounder, because frankly, I couldn't eat any of the crap either.

The day after the last U.S. show, Nick and I went to the doctor for a check-up and everything was fine. She was happy I actually looked pregnant and said the baby was a little big for her age and I had gained a good bit of weight. The only thing that wasn't good was my blood pressure was up but Nick told her I had been stressed and Dr. Castle told Nick to make me not stressed.

That led to a phone call to Donnie telling him to get his mother to go to Europe because I couldn't watch the twins full time. I felt bad about that... but it was the right thing.

So Alma had came out with us when we headed to Europe and I think that cheered Elijah up. Sarah was still reluctant, but came with AJ since we were still tutoring Haley and Elijah and I have been trying my best to hire Amy, but she wasn't sure she should quit her job.

I told her that it wouldn't be weird, that Emmileigh would be fine with it, but she's still hesitant. She said to give her a few more days to think about it. I can't say I blame her. She has a good job at a private school. And what would happen when the tour was over? Her move to L.A.? Her life is in Philly.

I honestly haven't heard from Emmileigh much since the night of the L.A. She will send at least a text a day and reply with short e-mails when I send her pictures of the twins, but that's really it.

I kind of wish I just could skip over to London without it looking suspicious but Donnie has been watching my every fucking move. Nick swears he hasn't said a word to anybody except me and I believe him, but Donnie is too damn suspicious.

"NIIIIIIICK!" I yelled in the hotel room as I sat up in bed. He ran into the bedroom part of the suite and stared at me. "I want some food."

"You're screaming bloody murder for food? Get your fat ass up and get it yourself," he said as I glared at him. "Dude, video game."

"Dude, carryin' your demon child."

"I'll order room service, what do you want?"

"One Carter penis with a side of Nick."

"Dude, Haley's awake and hyper," he chuckled, walking out of the room as I sighed.

Oh by the way, pregnancy sex is weird. I never had it before, and the bigger I get, the weirder it gets and I'm ready to just pop this thing out of me so I can go back to my normal, regularly scheduled sex life.

[/Karsyn]

[Donnie]

Being in Europe was weird.

First of all it was weird because we hadn't been back since the first NKOTBSB tour, and secondly, it was weird because I half expected Emmi to stroll around the corner and pop up in random places.

The day by day life was getting harder and harder. The more the days went by that I didn't see or hear from Emmi, the further away it felt like she was slipping from me.

Yet the more in love I fell with her.

I'll admit I'd been watching Karsyn like a hawk. There was no way in hell she didn't know where Emmi was. They were best friends.. sisters. She knew.

I just needed to figure out how to get her to tell me.

"I think Logan is teething."

I looked over at my mom, who had Logan on her lap. He'd been whining for a few days, and pretty much acted like Savannah had acted when her first tooth cut. It was agonising, especially when I was at home alone and doing it all myself.

I mean, was that how Emmi had felt? Alone.

"I'll take him, Ma." I held my arms out for Logan, and smiled when Mom handed him to me. Logan instead snuggled up to me and I dropped a kiss on his head.

"They miss their mama." Mom said softly, making me sigh.

"They aren't the only one."

"Call her."

I looked up at mom. "You think I haven't tried that already? She's cut her cell off, her email.. everything. I've tried everything." I sighed again, not wanting to get worked up. I needed to stay strong for the kids.

"What did you do, Donnie? Seriously.. because.. well she loves you, she loves her kids. She wouldn't just leave them.."

I looked down at Logan and closed my eyes.

But she did.

And it was all my fault.

I hadn't just given up on finding Emmi. Hardly. Once we were flying in to Europe I left mom with the twins in Heathrow airport and jumped on the train, heading into London. Something told me she was there. She hadn't been back home in LA, so I knew this was where she had had to of gone.

But she hadn't. Or at least I didn't see her. I managed to make it back to the hotel as our flight left for Germany, and ever since then I was planning on ways to find her.

I'd either hire someone to find her, or report her missing.

But I would find her.

[/Donnie]