ep 12: inception

descriptions of killing

⛓️

Teleporting hadn't always been an easy feat for Hongjoong, but now he could say he'd definitely mastered the core use of it. He liked how free he felt when he slipped through time and space, flying through worlds and feeling all invincible; like he was in control. Like he could do anything.

It was one of the minute things about himself that made him experience something similar to happiness, mostly because he was good at it.

Or so he'd thought.

What'd happened earlier tonight between him and Seonghwa didn't necessarily affect him, but it did make him absentminded in a way that caused him to lose his bearings and nearly tumble over the sleek, brick roof he'd just fallen on.

Seonghwa's words and the way he'd reacted to his dad never left Hongjoong's mind, and when he stared at the greenish moon on the sky he remembered how the Earth's moonlight drenched the taller's sullen form and highlighted the nearly hidden sadness in his eyes.

The image got Hongjoong distracted, resulting in him losing his footing (again). He caught himself on time though and flew downwards, jumping over roofs until he leapt quite literally into his brother's arms.

Yunho looked unimpressed, but it was hardly intimidating when he just ended up appearing like a sulky puppy. "You're late."

Hongjoong grinned. "The time over here's different." He gestured to the other boy seated next to Yunho, still in his brother's hold. "'Sup, Minho."

It wasn't often Hongjoong had to work with people with different specialisations than him and Yunho, especially in a dimension like this, but that didn't mean he hadn't seen the other male more than once before.

Lee Minho grinned, dressed all in black like the brothers themselves. Dark attires that weren't too loose and could hold weapons were encouraged around here, but the dress code wasn't too strict which Hongjoong loved.

"Hey, Hongjoong. Been a while since we've worked together. How's it going?" Minho asked, his eyes a wild orange that looked quite similar to Hongjoong's. Only his pupils were convex-shaped whereas Hongjoong's were round, which would only make sense once his other form came out.

"Good. But school is crap," Hongjoong answered as he slung his arm around Yunho's shoulder, causing the taller to grumble like his weight was bothering him. But it was all for show, though. Yunho was anything but weak.

"Then why don't you stay home like your brother?" Minho laughed, but his sharp eyes were focused on the ruins the laid low before them in a misty and sewer-like green mess.

"It's weird, but I kinda sorta like learning." Hongjoong decided to plant his entire body on Yunho's lap, but his brother quickly shoved him off. It reminded him of when he'd tried sneaking into Seonghwa's room, only for the taller to push him away. The taller had then reached out in an attempt to catch him, maybe thinking that Hongjoong would've gotten hurt as a result of his actions.