ep 24: dream in a dream

⛓️

⛓️

Calm was all Seonghwa could feel at that very moment. As he rested against the gleaming red platform shaped like a giant crescent moon that overlooked the buzzing city below, he slowly shut his eyes, wondering how easy it'd be to just fall asleep right now.

Only, something stopped him from doing so. And it was in the form of the boy currently seated beside him, his body so close as he nestled his head on Seonghwa's chest.

Hongjoong's arms were snug around Seonghwa, secure and far from unwanted. The taller had never thought he'd love how physically affectionate Hongjoong could be at times, but then again he'd never known he'd love certain things until the smaller boy did them himself.

"I can't believe we're literally sitting on the sign board of the biggest hotels around here," Seonghwa muttered, staring down at Hongjoong's form. Half of him itched to, maybe, run his fingers through the shorter's silky chestnut hair, and he may or may not have been about to do it when Hongjoong suddenly jerked his head upwards, his golden eyes focused on him.

"I brought us here 'cause this place reminds me of one of the Kdramas I'd watched with Yunho some time before, since he just loves that kinda stuff," the shorter answered, chuckling a little bit. "Crap. What's the name again?"

Seonghwa's hand rested on Hongjoong's back, his chest incredibly warm. It was a feeling he knew he could get used to. "Hotel Del Luna?"

Hongjoong's face lit up with a big smile as he snapped his fingers. "Yes. That one. How'd you know?"

"Mingi likes watching dramas, so during summer I watched it with him." Seonghwa smiled a bit at the memory. He could remember Mingi excitedly pulling his bed covers over them every night, eager to watch the next episode of that particular kdrama. Mingi, despite not big on believing in supernatural stuff in real life, would never shy away from a movie or book series that included fantastical elements in it. They were even his favourite.

"You guys must be really close," Hongjoong spoke then, causing Seonghwa to look at him. "I can tell."

"We've known each other since kindergarten," Seonghwa replied, before biting his lip in thought. He and Mingi were alright, and Mingi was acting like himself again, but lately, Seonghwa didn't think that things were completely back to normal. It was something he couldn't shake off no matter how much he tried.

Seonghwa's mood began to dampen, but before he could let himself be pulled into that downward spiral of overthinking again, Hongjoong was pulling away, bringing himself up to his feet.

"Alright," the shorter extended his hand towards him. "You're not gonna do this again."

Seonghwa raised his eyebrows, confused as to what he was referring to. "Do what?"

"Think." Hongjoong crouched to stare directly into his eyes, their faces just a couple centimeters from touching. "Contemplate, mull over, hypothesize -- "