ep 14: fever

⛓️

⛓️

The first thing Seonghwa noticed about this new place were several colourful birds that flew and cackled through the sky. Next were the many thick-rooted trees that lingered in the distance and a vibrant green field that seemed to stretch on for miles. The sun was shining bright in the cerulean sky, not a single cloud present.

It took Seonghwa aback, mostly because this looked like daytime and he'd left his house in the evening.

Hongjoong stood beside him, golden eyes shimmering under the sunlight. He used a hand to shield the upper half of his face from view, before looking around the vast area for something -- or someone.

Seonghwa frowned with mild disdain. Okay. He wasn't like, mad or anything, and the weather wasn't too bad. He was just confused and he didn't even know why Hongjoong brought him here in the first place.

"Is this another dimension?" Seonghwa asked, fingers pulling on the hem of the plain white shirt the shorter'd advised him to wear. He didn't feel disgustingly hot, but the sunshine was a little too bright around here.

"Yep!" Hongjoong chirped. "Flora; one of my faves."

Seonghwa, admittedly fascinated, studied the almost perfect scenery before him and concluded that the name did in fact match with it. He hummed and crossed his arms. "Okay. But I still don't know why you took me to this place."

Like everything had been intricately orchestrated, a grey static opening tore through the air, and out rolled a golf cart with Yunho in the driver's seat.

Seonghwa stood still, beyond speechless as to what'd just taken place, but once the blue-eyed boy wheeled the cart closer to him and Hongjoong, Seonghwa was able to regain his focus, albeit slowly.

Yunho's eyes lit up with surprise once he spotted Seonghwa, a big smile quickly spreading across his face. "Oh, hi. Hongjoong never told me you'd be coming."

Seonghwa awkwardly smiled as he searched for the right way to answer. "Hongjoong never told me what we would be doing, either."

Yunho shot Hongjoong a mock-glare, but the shorter was already grabbing a golf club and gloves, whistling nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry, Seonghwa," Yunho began as he got off the cart, his tone apologetic. "My brother can be a bit...wild, so to speak."

Seonghwa turned and saw Hongjoong a few feet ahead, already standing in position. On his head was a beige hat that protected him from the sun, or maybe not since Hongjoong had proved many, many times that he wasn't your average human.

"So you guys just...golf here whenever you have time?" Seonghwa inquired from Yunho, trying his best to ignore Hongjoong's hisses and squeals whenever he'd swung his golf club.