ep 28: inferno

tw: mentions of anxiety/panic attack in second half of the chapter

⛓️

Seonghwa bit his lip as he continued to stare right at Hongjoong, taking in and committing his every feature to memory. His eyes traced over the shape of his brows, to the slope of his nose, and then to his lips, which still looked as inviting as ever. But most of all, Seonghwa was transfixed by the warmth burning in Hongjoong's eyes, by those vibrant oranges and calming yellows dancing within his irises. Seonghwa could stare into them for as long as he was allowed and he would enjoy every single second of it.

Hongjoong had noticed; of course he had. Immediately, those mesmerizing eyes of his crinkled happily at the corners, setting free those fuzzy butterflies that began rapidly multiplying inside Seonghwa's body. It was a beautiful feeling that surprised him time and time again whenever he experienced it, but it was certainly one he could get used to. The fact that Hongjoong's stare alone could evoke such sensations within him was a testament to how much power the shorter held over him, and Seonghwa would be telling the greatest lie if he said he disliked it.

"What are you doing?" Hongjoong asked then. His smaller hands were absentmindedly fiddling with Seonghwa's, and there was a faint bashful lilt to his voice. He sounded...shy.

"I'm looking at you," Seonghwa answered, unable to wipe off the horrid dopey smile that had undoubtedly stretched over his face. This was all so new; he'd never acted, nor felt like this towards anyone before. His chest felt nanoseconds away from bursting into blinding rays of sunlight with how chirpy, elated and fond he was. "I mean -- I like looking at you. So... I am."

Hongjoong giggled, scooting closer to their crossed knees were now tangled. He drew nearer until their noses brushed, and then flashed a big smile when he witnessed the way Seonghwa held in his breath, like he was waiting, anticipating the contact between their lips.

Seonghwa felt himself melting like putty when Hongjoong's lips slotted against his, the urge to just let himself sink in and just...let the shorter take over practically eating him alive. But Hongjoong, being the little tease he was, pulled back just as the older had begun to loosen up, and honestly Seonghwa did not appreciate that.

Hongjoong laughed at the way Seonghwa literally chased after his lips, his eyes closed with his dark lashes fanning his blemish-free skin. "Am I crazy if I say you're kinda obsessed with my kisses now?"

Seonghwa opened those gorgeous eyes of his just to playfully glare at him. "I'm not obsessed with your kisses."

"Oh yeah?" Hongjoong had started moving closer to the corner of Seonghwa's bedroom wall, and Seonghwa had no intention of letting him out of his sight.

"Yeah," Seonghwa admitted. The thin shirt Hongjoong had on was doing him wonders, and it felt velvety soft to the touch as he let his arms linger around the dip of Hongjoong's waist. The shorter boy was even softer, his lowered body temperature sending welcomed shivers up Seonghwa's spine. "I'm obsessed with all of you, not just your kisses."