CHAPTER-26

She is waiting outside the operation theatre for doctor to come and  inform her about Sid's condition. She is getting impatient by each passing minute... a minute she is sitting on a chair and the next moment she is standing...and the very next month she can be seen roaming nervously in the corridor... tension is clearly visible on her face.

It's dusk... the street lights were on...       after spending almost three-four hours inside operation theatre... Doctor came outside... Sana was sitting on chair with her head in her palms... as soon as she heard footsteps she looks up at doctor... she stood up and he came to her...

Sana- "Doctor ! Sidharth... Vo kaisa hai ?" (her voice cracked )

Doctor- " You are ... ! " (he asked)

Sana- "Doctor I am... I am Shehnaaz Gill Shukla... his wife... (after a short pause) Please btaiye na... Kaisa hai Sidharth... Vo thiik hai na..." (she continued in one go )

Doctor- "Mrs. Shukla ! Relax! He is out of danger... He is lucky enough sirf ek hi goli lagi thi... Orrr ek goli sirf unke right shoulder ko touch kr ke nikal gayi...!! Injections ki vajah se behosh hai or may be kuch time lage unhe hosh mein anne mein... But he'll be fine soon. " (he infrormed her)

Sana- "Oooooo !! Thank you... Thank you so much doctor... Can I see him once ! " (she took a sigh of relief )

Doctor- "Yeah ! Yes Mrs.Shukla you can... soon he'll be shifted to ICU because we have to keep him under observation for next 24 hours... but be careful... avoid everything which could stress him... Because he needs a positive mind state for quick recovery !!So... " (he further inform her)

Sana- "Sure ! Sure doctor !! I'll be careful...  " (her voice shivers)

Doctor- "And did you inform police... as this is police case... ! " (he enquired before leaving )

Sana- "Ji... Yess! The staff of hospital has already informed police ! " (she replied)

Sana thanked him once again and he left...

****

It's almost 8 pm when he was shifted to ICU and a sister came and told her that now she can see him...

Sana nodded and slowly push the door with one hand... as she move close to him tears started rolling from her eyes... watching his condition... bandage on his right bicep along with a pouch arm sling on his arm and bandage around his chest crossing his arm... tears started rolling again from her eyes. She came to him caressed his hairs and slowly placed a peck on his forehead.

She held his left hand in her soft palms... Bring it near her cheeks and looked at ceiling...

"Thank you baba ji !! Thank you so much !! Sidharth ko mujhe vapis dene ke liye... " (looked at his face and caressed his hairs once again )

It's almost midnight... when a sister (nurse) came and said...

Sister- "Ma'am ! Sir thiik hai... and I think abb apko bhi rest krni chaliye... App rest room mein ja skti hai !! " (she suggests)

Sana- "Thanks sister ! Prrr main yehi thiik hu... " (she said in apologetic tone)

Sister- "It's okay! If you don't want to leave him... You can have a seat on this sofa !" (pointing at the sofa in the room)

Sana- "Thanks! I'll definitely go when I'll feel sleepy !" (not directly refusing her)

Sister- "It's okay ma'am ! And please inform me if you or sir needs anything... I am here only ! " (saying so she left them alone)