Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Sophie's POV

Jolie's beautiful face was now scarred, and a burn was visible covering Jolie's whole left side of her face.

"Jolie?" Sophie breathed, "WHY DID YOU LIE TO GRADY AND EDALINE FOR THE PAST 16 YEARS!"

Glimmer-Jolie sighed again before explaining,"When I escaped the fire, the Neverseen realized I was a double agent and Gethen wiped all my memories when he found me and the Neverseen turned me into they're little brainwashed pet. But when I joined your side. I went to Havenfield on instinct and decided to look around. I met Vertina and everything came back. This happened a couple days ago and I haven't told anyone because I didn't want to cause an uproar.

"But how?" Sophie asked, confused, "You were a Conjurer not a Flasher"

"I'm both actually, but I kept my Flasher ability a secret because I manifested when I was in the Black Swan, The Collective said to keep the ability a secret because it could be very valuable when I was a double agent." Glimmer-Jolie explained.

Guys, what should we do? Sophie transmitted.

I think we need to get to Havenfield right now then continue the search for Breeze tomorrow. Fitz transmitted back.

There was a chorus of agreement.

"Jolie? We should go back to Havenfield, I think Grady and Edaline should know. You can tell us about Breeze tomorrow; this is more important" Sophie stated.

"You're right I should tell them," Jolie agreed.

"Thanks," Sophie said, relieved. She hadn't really known how to ask Jolie that favor.

Everyone held hands and waited for Jolie to join the circle. Jolie conjured the Neverseen cloak away and stepped in to complete the circle. Tam and Fitz levitated everyone about 7 stories high before dropping them. Sophie built up the warm energy in her mind before pushing it out before they splattered onto the terrain below. A loud BOOM! sound was made as Sophie split open the sky.

Sophie, her friends, and Jolie fell into a heap on the grounds of Havenfield.

"The meeting is over already?" Grady asked as Edaline trailed behind him. They froze when they saw Jolie and Edaline collapsed into Grady's arms

"Your-you're ALIVE!?" Grady said in disbelief. His voice rose with every word.

Edaline ran toward Jolie, arms outstretched and tackled her to the ground. Grady did the same a second later.

"How...What?" Edaline stammered hugging Jolie tighter.

Sophie felt a pang of sadness and walked towards Calla's Panakes tree to give them some space.

When she got back Grady, Edaline, and Jolie were gone.

"They went inside," Tam told Sophie.

"We should follow them," Sophie muttered.

Everyone agreed and walked inside Havenfield's house. Grady and Edaline sat at a table with Jolie talking about what she had missed. Jolie's face looked horrified as Grady told her Brant was dead.

"You've missed so much. I am so sorry that we stopped searching for you," Edaline sobbed.

"It's ok. I'm here now, so let's not dwell in the past," Jolie said happily.

They hugged and Sophie had never felt happier for Grady and Edaline ever.

"I hope this doesn't change things for me," Sophie asked when the hug was over.

"Of course not, we love you both," Grady promised.

Sophie smiled, "I love you too, and Jolie, I can't wait to get to know you."

"Same. Thanks for keeping my parents together," Jolie thanked Sophie.

A knock on the door stopped Sophie's answer.

"That would be the Collective, Prentice, and Mr. Forkle," Grady said, walking towards the door to open it.

"What's the big situation that you were talking about?" Granite asked as he walked through the door.

All the Collective members froze when they spotted Jolie. There were very different reactions from each of the Collective members. Squall ran over to Edaline and Jolie to make sure they were both okay, Blur sat down on a nearby chair, the smudges on his body starting to grow into lines then turning back to smudges , Granite kept rubbing his eyes as if he was hallucinating, Wraith completely vanished out of sight, Mr. Forkle strode over to Jolie and started interrogating her with keen interest and suspicion, and the second Prentice saw her he clutched his head and crumpled onto a chair.

Only Jolie saw Prentice trembling and rushed over asking what was wrong over and over again, finally he looked up and weakly said, "I remember... everything."