Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Sophie's POV

"Ok, These are the words we are going to say in Jolie's mind, Legacy, Keefe, Breeze, Calista, Fintan, Brant, Ruy, Lady Gisela, Vespera, Troll, Dwarf, Goblin, Ogre, Gnome, Human, Council, Stellarlune, Shadowflux, and Quintessence, " Sophie stated. It had been two days and Sophie was ready for the probe.

"Sounds good," Fitz agreed. "We just have to wait for the rest of the Collective."

"There's no need," Tiergan's voice said as he climbed up the last step.

Sophie grabbed Fitz's hand and gave him a reassuring squeeze. Fitz flashed his movie worthy smile. Sophie had done a couple of probes in her life so she told herself that everything would be fine.

"We're ready," Sophie said confidently.

Tiergan nodded and walked downstairs. Sophie and Fitz followed him. When they got downstairs Jolie was lying on a cot and Livvy, Elwin, Grady, Edaline, and the rest of the Collective surrounded her.

"Are you ready?" Mr. Forkle asked them.

Sophie and Fitz nodded. They squeezed into the circle of grown ups and took a steadying breath.

"Be safe," Edaline whispered to them.

"If it's too much strain for you, don't be afraid to back out," Tiergan reminded them.

"I have loads of elixirs if needed," Livvy chimed in.

Fitz looked at Sophie, pure determination burning in his eyes. Sophie took off her gloves and her finger nail gadget and put it on a table nearby before turning on her Enhancing.

"Ready?" Sophie asked Jolie.

"Yes!" Jolie answered back.

Fitz put his hands on Jolie's temples and Sophie touched Fitz's temples plunging deep into Jolie's mind. Jolie's thoughts were racing and Sophie could only catch glimpses of memories before they blinked away.

Let's do this. Fitz transmitted. LEGACY! KEEFE! BREEZE! CALISTA! FINTAN! BRANT! RUY! LADY GISELA! VESPERA! TROLL! DWARF! GOBLIN! OGRE! GNOME! HUMAN! STELLERLUNE! SHADOWFLUX! QUINTESSENCE! Jolie's mind made everything black and then Jolie's mind spit out thousands of memories. The first one showed Lady Gisela sitting in a chair across from Glimmer.

"How will he finish his transformation?" Glimmer asked.

"Ahh that's the problem. Only Calista knows and we haven't gotten one piece of information from her. But her research was about Stellerlune, so we need to work hard.

"We are depending on Calista for information to save Keefe when she hasn't even given us any information in 20 years. The chances are slim," Glimmer concluded.

The memory ended there and a few other memories took place. It was mostly Lady Gisela talking about Keefe's Legacy and that the Lodestar Initiative was her dream. After that 1 memory popped up. It showed Lady Gisela putting in a key in a smooth stone that was located on the right side of a wall of rock at the side of a mountain. A disguised door opened and a cloaked Neverseen member greeted them.

"This hideout is called Coral Rock, Glimmer, remember it." Lady Gisela said. As Glimmer and Lady Gisela stepped inside Sophie saw a figure in red chains strapped in a cell in the barren room. The room was small and the only light came from a small bale fire chandelier at the top. The red chains on the figure's body were on her neck, wrists, waist, and legs.

"Glimmer you are truly lucky. You can see how we interrogate Calista," Lady Gisela sneered.

"I'll never tell you anything," Calista said coldly.

"We will see about that. Gethen probe her mind," Lady Gisela ordered.

The figure that greeted them stepped out of a shadow and stared at Calista.

"I'LL NEVER TELL YOU!" Calista screamed glowing a soft blue.

Gethen groaned and fainted. Lady Gisela grumbled something as she ordered more Neverseen members to take Gethen away. Whatever Calista did to glow blue must have drained her because she was gasping for air. Lady Gisela snorted and brought out a black board with 3 buttons. They were green, red, and black. She pressed the red one and Calista screamed in pain as her red bonds crackled with energy. Lady Gisela walked away and Glimmer quickly followed. The memory ended there and Sophie could feel Jolie's and Fitz's mind shudder. Sophie transmitted to Fitz I am going to ask Mr. Forkle about Coral Rock. Sophie stretched out her conscience and transmitted, Mr Forkle?

Yes Miss Foster? Is everything okay?

Yeah, we found something. Can you go to Watchward Heath and find Coral Rock? Also have you ever heard of someone glowing blue

I will check into that and no I have not heard of someone glowing blue. You may need to show me later. But keep probing there may be things hidden in Jolie's conscience. Don't stop now. Mr. Forkle severed the connection. Hundreds of other memories of Fintan, Brant, Ruy, Lady Gisela, and Vespera filled the darkness. There was nothing important about the memories. They were just snippets of them either talking to Glimmer or they were mentioned by someone else. Then a few memories took place talking about how they were going to hurt the Gnomes, control the Ogres, Expose the secret of the Trolls, and teaming up with the Dwarfs. There was no mention of Goblins or Elves, only 1 memory remained and it was about humans. It showed Lady Gisela pacing in front of a fireplace.

"Once Keefe is done transforming he will help me wipe out most of the humans. They took the entire world and asked for more while the rest of the intelligent species are limited to only a couple islands. Those fools on the Council don't realize anything!" Lady Gisela sighed. Then the memory ended. Then that memory disappeared and another one took its place. It showed the transformation of Keefe from Glimmer's view and it was horrifying. When the memory ended Jolie pushed Sophie and Fitz up and out of her mind. Sophie collapsed into Tiergan's arms and Fitz fell into Wraith's invisible arms. Sophie and Fitz shared a look. If what Jolie remembered was true Keefe had a horrible future and they needed to get Calista fast.