Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Sophie's POV

Sophie wore a gray dress, black tunic, and black leggings. She also tucked her hair in a low ponytail and put some goblin throwing stars and daggers in her pockets. Sophie grabbed the clear crystal that Mr. Forkle gave her and tucked it in an easy-to-reach spot before walking into Vertina's sight and looking at herself. Vertina swished her hair before asking, "Got another Black Swan mission?"

"Yes," Sophie said.

Vertina bit her lip,"You're just like Jolie sometime. I hope you win against the Neverseen."

Vertina blinked away before Sophie could say anything else.

Jolie opened the door to Sophie's room. "Hi. Are you ready to face the Neverseen?" Jolie asked, stepping into her room. She wore the same thing as Sophie but the clothes were bigger to match her.

"Sure," Sophie chirped, moving towards the door.

When Sophie came downstairs Wraith was laid down on a coach with his bandages visible. Livvy unwrapped the bandages and set them aside smoothing Yeti pee balm on the fresh skin.

"Done!" Livvy exclaimed.

"Thanks Livvy," Wraith said.

Right on time the door opened and the Collective, Grady, Edaline, all of Sophie's friends, and Sophie's bodyguards came in. Her friends were looking exactly like Sophie. Well, except the boys wore pants instead of dresses. Sophie swallowed and then asked her friends, "Are you ready for this?"

"Yeah, It's not like we haven't done this before," Fitz said, flashing his trademark smile.

After that there were a lot of lectures, hugging, and goodbye's. Sophie held up the blue crystal to the light and looked back at the Collective and her parents. Sophie waved a final goodbye as she stepped into the light.

"Is everyone ok?" Sophie asked her friends as they slowly got up.

"Yeah. I think I just got grass in my mouth," Dex responded, spitting out a couple blades of grass.

"Guys focus on why we came here," Stina reminded them.

Sophie looked around for the first time and sure enough she was close to the entrance of the prison.

"Tam, Wylie, and Jolie can make that illusion now," Sophie ordered.

They instantly got to work flashing lights and shadows while running around. After 5 seconds the illusion was completed.

"Biana, you know what to do," Sophie said, turning on her Enhancing.

Biana took her hand and everyone joined in. Sophie looked down at her body which was now invisible.

"Let's do this," Fitz whispered.

Everyone agreed and their small 11 people group walked to the entrance. Jolie pushed a familiar smooth stone in the shadow with Tinker's key replicator and the entrance opened. A Neverseen member looked confused as he looked straight into Sophie's group. Linh launched a geyser of water at the Neverseen member. He (it sounded like a he) let out a startled yelp as the geyser launched him towards a wall. He slumped down unconscious.

Thanks Linh. Sophie transmitted.

Your welcome. Linh thought.

"Trix, what's going on down there?" Ruy asked.

Sophie and her friends rushed down the hall and turned left. Ruy was there listening for a response. His hands were still black and he held two melders.

Bring down the illusion. It's time to see how the Nevrseen will act unprepared. Sophie transmitted to her friends.

Jolie, Wylie, and Tam's mind went wild with panic but they still lowered the illusion and Sophie turned off her Enhancing.

"You," Ruy growled.

Gethen stepped out of the shadows. Tam made a motion with his arm and all the shadows thinned out showing 10 other members.

Biana and Tam go get Calista while we fight the rest. Sophie transmitted.

Biana was already invisible so she grabbed Tam and turned him invisible too.

"Attack!" Sophie shouted once Tam and Biana had gone.

Her friends flung weapons at the 10 black cloak figures while Sophie faced Gethen and Ruy. She quickly threw 2 daggers at Ruy and ran up to him punching him in the face with her Sucker Punch. He went flying into the mass of Neverseen members fighting Sophie's friends. Gethen pulled out a melder and shot it at Sophie. Sophie dodged it and flung some goblin throwing stars at him. Gethen dodged it, but little did he know Sophie was building up all her hate, sadness, and so much more bad emotions. When Sophie was at the brink of collapsing she shoved all the emotions out of her mind and nailed Gethen in the heart. He fell over limbs twitching and eyes rolled back.

"A little help here," Marella asked, burning one of the Neverseen members.

"Coming," Sophie shouted, running full speed at a Froster that was about to freeze Marella.

Sophie easily punched the Froster in the arm making the Froster tumble head over toe into a corner. A loud BOOM! Sounded off the walls and Sophie turned to find Dex flinging gadgets at a Charger who was zapping all of his gadgets with ease. Sophie grabbed a melder on the floor and shot the Charger in the head. Dex's gadget fell on top of the Charger and zapped the Charger over and over again.

"Thanks," Dex said.

"I think we finished them all," Fittz called pointing to the heap of black cloaks on the ground. Wylie limped over his leg and had a dagger in it.

"I'm fine," Wylie assured them when he saw their faces. He pulled out the dagger in his leg which was a very bad decision because Wylie fainted a few seconds later when he saw the blood.

"Wylie wake up," Linh begged, shaking him like crazy.

"We got her!" Tam shouted, lifting Calista with telekinesis. Calista was covered in scratches and burns.

"Ok we got what we came for. Let's go," Biana added.

Sophie turned her Enhancing back on and grabbed Tam's hands.

"Can you lift up Wylie and the rest of the Neverseen?" Sophie asked.

"Yeah. Wow," Tam responded lifting up the rest of the unconscious bodies.

Sophie led her friends towards the exit and picked up Trix on the way. It felt really good to score a victory on the Neverseen. Marella launched some fire into the base burning the inside. Jolie pressed the smooth stone with the key, letting the entrance close. Everyone smiled and held out their Foxfire crystals. They stepped into the light leaping away from the now ruined hideout.