Its time

Jaxon

I lay in bed wide awake, I hadn't slept a wink all night.

Ezmaya was still fast asleep next to me, She had been golden.
She woke up once for a bottle, I sang to her and she drifted off back to sleep almost instantly.

I couldn't stop thinking about Kyle.
Yes he was a drug dealer, But if Sofia hadn't answered his ad he would still be alive.

He was a bright boy and had a big future ahead of him and now he was dead, All because he had met Sofia and I.

I didn't have too long to think about it, Ezmaya woke up and distracted me from my thought.

I got her up and took her downstairs. "Come on princess" I said to her "let's feed you and then go and get you to your auntie Freya."

I warmed up some of her baby milk and made her some weetabix.

I wasn't 100% but I was pretty sure that's how Sofia did it.. But I was trying.

I put her in her bouncer and fed her. Peppa pig on the tv she sat and ate all her food. At least I was doing something right..

I was hoping Freya would bath her for me. She was due a bath and I wasn't confident enough to do it alone.
What if I dropped her.. I couldn't risk that.

I shouted "Sweetheart can you get me a—-" and then I remembered it was just me now.

I couldn't help but start crying. I missed Sofia so much already.. How would I cope with having her away for 12 whole months.

Ezmaya looked at me and stuck her bottom lip out, Then she began to cry too.

"Oh sweetpea, It's okay.." I tried to sooth her. "Daddy was just being silly, we're okay" she stopped crying.

After I got her dressed I put her in the car and we headed to Freya's flat, I had to get to work.. I had to deal with Kyle.

I text Freya while I was driving

Jaxon; meet me outside please, I'm so late.

Freya; Of course.

I pulled up at the block of flats and she was standing outside.
I got out of the car and took Ezmaya out, Freya held her while I sorted the pram.

"You okay Jax? you look done in" Freya said to me.

I nodded and kissed Ezmaya "I didn't sleep well.."

Freya looks sympathetic "She would never have done anything to get herself sent away from you on purpose, you know that right?"

I did know Sofia wouldn't WANT to be away from me and Ezmaya. "I'll be back at 5, make sure you're ready" I smiled and got back into the car.

"Always avoiding the subjects Jaxon. See you later." Freya said as she put Freya in her pram and headed inside.

I drove away. I had to get to work.

When I got to work I went straight to the freezers. Ryder was already in there.

"Hey it's just you today. Your colleague called in sick." She said.

That was good, I wanted some time to myself anyway.
Now I just needed Ryder to fuck off too.

"Oh that's fine. So what's the case?" I asked her.

"A young male stabbed to death. I said I would sit in on this one." Ryder looked at her notes.

Fuck, Of course she did.
She was desperate to have me done for this.