Happy Birthday.

Sofia

I couldn't believe I was almost 17, What a rocky road the past year had been.

I wasn't looking forward to turning 17. We hadn't even buried Ezra yet.

We had been spending so much time planning his funeral and sorting everything out before my birthday.

This was definitely going to be a birthday to remember.

But at least Jaxon and I were back on good terms again now.

Jaxon snapped me out of my daydream "Are you looking forward to your birthday sweetheart?"

"I'm not really bothered boo." I replied.

Jaxon frowned. "Is there anything you want?"

I sighed. "Just for things to be normal Again."

Jaxon cuddled me. "Once we've got Ezra's funeral over and done with things will just fall into place. I promise." He kissed me on the head and left for work.

I asked Ezmaya what we going to do with our day.

Not like she could reply to me.
She was only 4 months old, She just gurgle at me.
I think she understood me.

I got her a change of clothes and text Freya to ask if she wanted to meet at the mall for some retail shopping for my birthday.

Let's go meet aunty Freya I said to Ezmaya and strapped her in the car.

We sat down for a Costa while Ezmaya slept in her pram.

Freya asked "How are you?"

I smiled. "I'm good, I feel like the baby blues are finally disappearing how are you?"

Freya smiled back "I'm glad to hear, I'm seeing someone.."

It better not be Kyle.
"Oooo, Tell me all the details" I said.

"Well we've not slept together, Not yet.."

I laughed. "You are lying!"

"I'm not like that" she winked at me.

"He isn't gay is he?" I couldn't help but laugh.

Freya pouted. "He won't be once I've finished with him. Enough about my love life hows yours?"

"Oh it's changed since having Ezmaya" I said. "Like before it was exciting and he made me nervous, sometimes I don't think this was what he wanted."

Freya bit her lip "And have you spoken to him? He cherishes the ground you walk on."

"No..." I said. "He has been too busy at work, I haven't really had chance and since Ezra died sex isn't on our minds."

Freya nodded understandably "He loves you, let him just grieve for his brother just make sure you're always there for him at his best and his worse."

"Yeah I completely agree with you shall we go look at some shops?" I said as I finished my coffee.

We headed into primark to see what dresses they had.

I want to look amazing for my birthday maybe that would show Jaxon what he had got.

Also I need something for the funeral too.

I had completely slimmed down since having Ezmaya, If anything I had got slimmer.

I couldn't imagine ever being this skinny before, My boobs had shrunk and I was no longer in the same body I was before having a baby.

It's crazy what your body goes through after having a child but I've got to love the changes to my body, Even if it's no longer the same.

I couldn't pick what dress I wanted so I treated my self to both.

We both said goodbye to Freya and headed back home to make daddy dinner before he got back home from work.

I bathed Ezmaya and put her down for a sleep and began to cook Jaxon's dinner because he worked so hard to provide for us even when life got hard.

I knew we would still have to sit and discuss Ezra's funeral even if he didn't want to.

It was the day of my birthday.

We had finished planning Ezra funeral for the day after.

We could finally put the man to rest but today I wanted it to be about me.

I know that's completely selfish but I just want to feel normal for once, Like the world wasn't going crazy.

I was so exited to go see my dads and Ruby and of course to see my beautiful little girls face.

I walked downstairs.

Oh my gosh.. He made such an effort!
There was At least 30+ balloons everywhere and 20 red roses lying on the sofa next to a bags of little things and cards.

I really felt like a spoilt princess and Damn right I was going to wear my crown!

Jaxon came over to me "Happy birthday sweetheart.."

I grabbed him and held him so tight!
"Aww thank you so much baby!"

"Sweetheart you deserve this. With everything I've put you through. I've planned a whole day and night just the two of us! Freya is having Ezmaya for the night.." he said to me.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

Jaxon smirked. "You will see.."

I couldn't believe what he had done.

I had been so spoilt off everyone and I actually felt like a princess.

Jaxon took me to a posh restaurant and we arrived in style.
He took me on the back of a motorbike, And my god is was the most craziest thing I had done!

I really enjoyed it, I felt like me again like us, I had got a gorgeous fiancé and a beautiful little girl!

My life was finally perfect, To end the day he took me on a boat around the lake.

This must be our worst and favourite place to go.

We had a good cuddle and Jaxon had a good cry about his brother, I knew tomorrow was going to be hard for him but I would support him all the way.

After we got off the boat there was a table and candles lit with strawberries and cream.

Oh I wanted to squirt that cream all over his body and lick it off, He was by far the hottest man I had ever laid eyes on and he was mine.

Jaxon looked at me "happy birthday Sofia"

I smiled "thank you for giving me the best day, I love you endlessly"

Jaxon kissed me. "I love you unconditionally, my forever you are girl."

I had never heard him speak that way about me before, He completely blew me away.

I was officially 17!!