Chapter 1

2 YEARS LATER

I wake up with tears streamed down my face. My brother Luca is sitting next to me singing a old lullaby that my mom apparently used to sing to us.
La linda Manita
Que tiene el bebe

I love the song but I hate that it is meant for babies and he still sings it to me. I rest my head on his shoulder and he hugs me.

After I finally manage to calm down he says, " Alright Conjito, we both know that we aren't going back to bed. You want to go and make some breakfast?"

"Race you!" I say. I take off running to the kitchen. He still managed to beat me by quite a bit even though I got a head start.

"Qué chula conjito can't even win me in a race." I stick my tongue out at him and take out some fruit and flour for pancakes.

My petite body can't quite reach the top shelf where the syrup is. Luca who is quite the opposite of me, tall and muscular, gets it for me with no problems.

We make the food trying our best not to make a mess. Almost right when we're done my other brother, Fin, comes down the stairs.

"Chiquita what are you doing up it is six in the morning."

"She had another one of her bad dreams so we decided to make breakfast for you, Zack, and Noah" Luca says.

I set the last few plates down on the table. And Adrain quickly sits down in front of one, taking a bite from the pancakes.

"These are pretty good." He says. Within minutes my brothers are all downstairs stuffing their faces in pancakes.

After we all finish our pancakes Adrain and Noah are in a very heated argument about who had the better aim when it came to throwing knives.

I know that Luca being the oldest who is still alive has the best aim, him or me. Adrain and Noah are better at staying quite around the woods although they still are decent at throwing knives.

We only ever figured out how to hunt because my dad taught my older brothers before he died. My oldest brother Henry mastered it and taught them to me because my dad couldn't.

The tv lights up with the capital logo. Adrain starts booing and I can't help but laugh.

"This must be the quarter quell announcement" I say casually.

Adrain boos louder. Luca throws a pillow at him to shut him up. President Snow stands there with a card labeled 75.

He reads off of it. "The tributes for this years quarter quell will be reaped from the current pool of victors."

I don't react I try to stay calm. Zach throws a pillow at me. I throw it back harder. I feel like I am about to faint.

"Aina don't worry there are other girl victors" Noah says.

I know he is right but I can't help but be angry with this dumb announcement.

"I know what will make you feel better." Luca says

We walk to the forest sneaking past the recently increased peacekeepers. We got to our little target practice area and toon turns throwing knives and sharpened sticks at our makeshift targets.

I don't miss once and stay until it is dark and I have to go back home. I can't sleep for the whole night so me and Noah just stay up telling scary stories.

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

I really hope u are enjoying it so far I am sorry for the short parts. I am willing to take criticism like I said before.

Thanks for reading!!!