Chapter 16

I walk confidently to the hall way where Peeta and the peacekeeper that brought us to our prep team wait for me.

The peacekeeper takes us back to our cell. I change back into the jumpsuit stubbornly. Not willing to wear a capital dress.

I curl up in the corner of my cell. The bruises on my back still hurt a lot, but I try my best to ignore them. There is nothing I can do to stop it.

I sit there wondering what Luca and Jacob are doing.

I finally decided to try and do something besides sitting and feeling bad for myself.

I sit up and take my hair out of it's bun. I decide I am going to try and braid it in one of Jacob's fancy braids.

I don't know how he did it without a comb or brush. I try and try until I get something half decent.

Peeta sits calmly in his cell. He stares at the ground.

I lean against on wall humming the tune to the song Jacob played on the piano.

After a few hours a few peacekeepers come in with a screaming girl. They throw her into the cell next to me.

She looks familiar like I have seen her before. She sits crying in her cell.

"Are you ok?" I ask even though she was just taken by the capital and is obviously not.

She just shakes her head.

"Que pasó? What's wrong?" I say almost forgetting to translate.

"Th-they took me from my house. I-I don't know what I did wrong." She says.

"Well do you know anyone in the rebellion?" I ask.

She starts to sob.

"Y-yeah I know F-finnick." She says.

Then it clicks. Annie Cresta.

"Oh gosh your Annie Cresta." I say. Using her full name like I always have.

"Y-yeah?" She says it like a question.

"You guys are sick! Why would you bring another person into your war!" I say loudly so that the peacekeepers could hear me. Fed up with being nice.

"Aina calm down." Peeta says cautiously.

"Yeah yeah your right sorry." I say regaining my calm.

Annie is still sobbing. I try to comfort her. I only know how to comfort my brothers.

I do the first thing that comes to mind.

"Uh. Um. La linda Manita, que tiene el bebe." I sing trying to calm her down.

She starts to calm down a little bit. She eventually falls asleep and I can finally be left alone with my thoughts.

I let my hair down and lay in the corner. I fall asleep after about an hour of just laying there.

~the next morning~