Chapter 8

I wake up to Luca turning off and on the lights.

"Time for breakfast come on." He says

I pull the blankets off me.

"Yeah ok. I'm up."

He leaves and I get ready for breakfast. Pulling my hair up into a bun, brushing my teeth and changing into some random clothes.

I go to breakfast Jacob is sitting there with some bacon and eggs smothered in red chile. I forgot the capital actually had chile.

I grab a plate of bacon and eggs and I poured some red chile on it. Jacob said, "It's not hot so don't expect to much of a kick."

I shrug and sit down and start eating my food. Luca sits next to me with his food.

"So your interviews are today, tomorrow will be a free day so you guys can do whatever you want. And after that the games."

I just nod.

"So for the free games what are we gonna do?" Jacob says

"Maybe we can watch the sunset again. Or we can practice the piano again. Or we can just hang out."

"That sounds like a good plan." Luca says calmly.

Everyone has finished eating but I want to stall getting ready as much as I can. Lucky for me Luca and Jacob start talking about strategies.

I zone it out until I hear my name.

"Aina, you have to gain pity. So don't cry because that is gonna be almost everyone. Just seem sad but say some smart stuff so no one underestimate you." Luca says.

I nod and Luca looks at the time and says, "We are late come on you guys gotta get ready."

We follow him to our stylist. I sit as the prep team does their work. They don't have to do much just a light make up and my hair.

I finish getting ready and go to the interviews. I go to Jacob he is wearing a suit that compliments his eyes well.

He turns and sees me. He smiles and says, "Wow you look nice."

He take Amy hand and twirls me making my dress poof up a little bit. I laugh and say, "You look pretty good too."

"Thank you. My stylist did a pretty good job didn't he."

"He did." I say

"Well I'm gonna go and talk to Finnick Odair the boy from 4. Maybe make some friends." I say

He nods and I walk over to Finnick making sure I talk clearly not stumbling over my words.

"Hey your Finnick Odair right?" I say

"Yeah your Aina Telles?"

"Yep I saw your games. You were so cool. With your trident, like that is skill." I say knowing very well that complimenting him is probably the best way to make a friend.