Charter 25

I lay down on what is supposed to be my bed. I stare at the tarp that was hung above it. I throw a small bouncy ball up and  catch it.

I wonder what Luca and Jacob are doing. I hope they aren't missing me. I don't want to be the reason their sad.

I wonder if Annie has figured out about Finnick yet. She is probably so upset.

I throw the ball again. This time I barely catch it before it hits my face.

"That was a close one." Gale says.

"Were you watching me?"

"Nope. Just looked over and saw you almost get smacked in the face with that ball."

"Okay."

A silence goes on for a few seconds.

"Your from district 12, right?" I ask.

"Yeah"

"Is it nice there?"

"It would be if there wasn't so much poverty."

"Did you like it there?"

"Well I was always starving so not really."

"Yeah, I know how that feels."

"Really?"

"Yeah, my parents died around the time I was born. My brothers had to work hard to keep us from going to the orphanage. Before Jacob won his games we would take turns eating."

"Wow. My dad died when I was thirteen. My mom washed clothes well I hunted outside of the fence."

"What did you hunt with?"

"I mostly used traps and the bow. Katniss is way better though."

"I think Katniss is way better then everyone." I say my voice matter of fact.

"You have a point."

"My brothers were amazing with traps. They taught me a bit. I'm still not that great yet."

"I saw your games. You were pretty good."

"Yeah I guess but your probably way better."

"That is because I practice."

"Yeah I guess practice makes perfect."

"If you don't mind me asking, in your games where did you learn how to do fight like that."

"Hand to hand combat or weapons?"

"Hand to hand."

"I used to get into fights a lot when I was little. My brothers would get all mad when I lost. So they taught me. And I wasn't allowed to go play outside until I could beat at least one of them."

"Wow, I assume they taught you weapons too."

"Yeah. I accidently threw a knife through Henry's arm the first try."