Chapter 23

Luca comes into my room. He is out of breath and a look of pure horror on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask concerned.

"Y-your going to the capital." He says.

"WHAT!" I shout.

Jacob runs in and says, "What happened?"

"They are sending her to the capital." Luca says.

"I swear if you guys are joking I will kill you and dance on your grave." Jacob says.

I shake my head. Jacob looks like he has had the last straw.

"Well we knew we were going into war anyway." I say trying to keep myself calm.

"Not in the capital!" Jacob says angrily.

"I asked them to send you both to 8. But they said they had more use for Aina in the capital and didn't want to risk you." Luca says sitting on my bed his head in his hands.

"WAIT SO SHE IS GOING IN ALONE?!" Jacob yells.

"I can handle myself Jacob I will be fine." I say my voice calmer then what I feel like.

"NO!!! Your my baby sister! You can't go in alone!" Jacob continues.

"She isn't gonna be alone she is gonna be a part of the "star team". Basically she is gonna be just for show. With Katniss and Finnick." Luca says his voice cracking

"See I'll be just fine!" I say.

Before Jacob can start yelling again I pull my hair out so quickly if hurts.

"It has been a while since you have braided my hair." I say my voice panicked.

He rolls his eyes but he doesn't object. He starts braiding my hand his hands are less gentle then they normally are.

"I am not letting you go." He says angrily but not yelling so I guess improvement.

"You don't got a choice. I'm going sorry." I say flinching slightly as he pulls a strand of my hair.

"You've gone through enough. You shouldn't have to do this." He say his voice more calm like he is focused on something else.

"She will be fine." Luca says obviously upset.

"We have forced her to do everything  alone. I am not letting her this time I can't!" Jacob says his voice rising.

"You guys didn't force me to do anything alone. My first games Henry went with me and in the quarter quell Jacob went with me. You guys have never even let me do anything by myself." I say.

"We'll let you pick out a dog or something by yourself not go to a war." Jacob says.

"We don't have a choice, Jacob. She doesn't even have a choice." He says.

"When will I leave?" I ask

"Tomorrow." Luca says.