Chapter 34

We all walk over together. Annie and Finnick hold hands well I awkwardly follow. I keep my head held high incase Luca and Jacob see me.

We get to the execution and Jacob and Luca run over toward me. I automatically prepare to ignore them.

"Where were you!?!" Luca asks angrily but buried in his voice I can hear the relief.

"She was with us. She is alright don't worry." Finnick says

"We were worried! Why didn't you tell us?" Jacob asks.

I just walk over to the crowd to watch the execution. I feel sick to even be waiting for someone to be killed.

Jacob comes over and he tries to grab my hand. I pull away and sees the bracelet is no longer there.

"Aina your bracelet." He says worried looking around for it.

"I know." I say casually.

He looks confused for a second then he looks hurt.

"You didn't throw it out, did you?" He asks worriedly.

I just put my hand in my pocket and wrap it around the small bracelet to make sure it is there.

I pull it out of the pocket and drop it into his hand. He looks like he had just been stabbed. Seeing that I would give back this gift, that is the last thing I have of my brothers.

Immediately regret giving it back. I miss the weight of it on my wrist. I miss being able to look down at the charms. I don't let it show though.

"Aina, we only voted yes, to give the capital a taste of their own medicine. Because what they did to us, to Henry, it wasn't right." He says.

"So killing their children is?!" I snap back.

"No. Look we're sorry." Luca says coming behind him.

"Why would u vote to kill people!?" I say my voice sounds angry but doesn't get louder.

"I just wanted to get revenge for what they did to us. I guess I wasn't thinking straight. I'll ask president Coin if I can change my vote later." Luca says.

I smile at him and Jacob, who is still holding the bracelet in his hand.

"I'm not gonna change my vote, but with Luca's vote changed you guys have out voted me." He says.

"Thank you." I say hugging Luca. He hugs me back and smiles down on me.

"No problem Conjito." Luca says.

Once we let go of the hug Jacob clips the bracelet onto my arm. I am relieved by the weight that it brought with it.

I see Peeta toward to front and I walk over next to him to make sure he is okay. He only acknowledges me by smiling at me and looking back at the elderly man who is standing next to a pole, Snow.

Katniss walks out she takes her arrow out of the quiver and strings the bow. I hold my wrist tightly, even though he is evil I don't think it is right to make his execution public.

Katniss aims her bow I see her glance at Coin. She shoots the arrow, it hits Coin. I see her fall and Katniss go to take her night lock pill.

I go to stop her but Peeta gets there before me, which is good because he barely made it in time to stop her.

People run around me pushing me in all directions. I try my best not to fall over knowing I'd be trampled.

I stumble and almost fall but Jacob grabs my arm and pulls me up. He is way more noticeable and bigger then me, so people just shoved past him.

We got out of the mob of people and I could feel a bruise forming on my arm where people hit. Luca comes over and meets us.

Jacob looks me up and down.

"You'll be fine." He says.

"Obviously" I say lifting my arms to reveal nothing is wrong with me.

"Okay so we need to make a decision." Luca says.

"He's not allowed to make this decision." I point at Jacob jokingly.

He laughs

"So where are we gonna live. What district?" Luca says

"District 5, why would we move anywhere else?" I say.

"I'm just saying, I kinda want something new." Luca says.

"But mom and dad's stuff, our brothers stuff. We would just be leaving it." I say.

"We would take the stuff." Luca says.

"But the house, there are so many memories there. I don't want to leave it." I say.

"I am with Aina, on this one. If the house is still standing of course." Jacob says.

I raise my eyebrow and say, "Is it still standing?"

"Yeah, of course. I guess we are going there then." Luca says.

The next day all my stuff is packed and we leave to Distrcit 5.

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

I am so happy about how this is turning out! One more part then it is over. Thank you so much for reading. I really hope you liked this part.