Chapter 26

We go around shooting propos. They seem to revolve more around Katniss. I don't mind though.

I am walking the skip in my step gone. My face hardened.

Then a pod goes off. I quickly "hit the deck" as my brothers called it.

I am holding my breath not wanting to disturb another pod. They have us reanact our reactions.

Apparently I did mine good. And we had to redo some of the other peoples.

We keep walking. Then a pod goes off letting black goo run like water. One of the people gets stuck in a pod trap.

I can't bring myself to see which one. We quickly run away from the goo. Peeta starts to try to attack Katniss.

I grab his arm and try to drag him away from Katniss. This ultimately getting me a bruised up back again.

Boggs' idea is quicker and way more effective. He knocked Peeta out and just threw him over his shoulder like it was nothing.

We run into a big building. We get to the top of the stair case. Everyone is arguing and I sit silent on a couch.

I look around then realize what they are fighting over. They are fighting over the map with the location of the pods.

I thought Boggs was taking care of it. I look around for him. He is not there. He must have been hit by the pods when I wasn't paying attention.

I silently sit there. I didn't even know him that well. Why am I sad?

But I am. I look up and see Finnick sitting next to me.

"You okay?"

"Yep. I'm doing great."

"Rough day?"

"Rough week."

"Yeah, I can't helping thinking about Annie."

"Well I mean, you have to be more specific."

"I can't help thinking about how upset she probably is."

"Don't worry she'll be okay."

"Tell me honestly, will she?"

"Yeah, she can't stay mad at you forever."

"I guess."

"She is probably just worried right now."

"I don't want to be the reason she is worried."

"Well she won't have to be worried. Because I am sure we are all coming home."

"All?"

"Well hopefully everyone who is left."

"Hopefully"

"Well we can never be sure. We are in a war."

"What happened to being all hopeful?"

"I do think know. I guess I just finally decided to face reality."

"Reality is no fun. Stay innocent."

"I'll try."

One of the film crew who is also an ex-avox leads us down the underground train areas.

We wall quickly. I still try my best to keep from breathing too loud. We go silently.

Eventually stopping. They hand around food. I only eat a little bit.

"Handcuff me to the bar." Peeta says.

"Okay." Gale says straight up.

Katniss interjects but eventually they handcuff him to the bars. I quickly fall asleep not caring if it is my shift.

I wake up as everyone else wakes up. I hear a voice whispering Katniss' name. I immediately jump up.

"Ai-" Finnick says a little to loudly.

"Cállate!" I hiss before he can finish his thought.

We quickly start running down the confusing maze of tunnels. I know they are mutts. I just know it!

💛💛💛💛💛💛

This one was short but I really needed to post today but it was getting late sooooo. I hope you like it!

Thanks for reading!!!