Chapter 12

Katniss runs over saying something about the arenas being the clock. With every new hour being a new threat.

I nod and say, "So the cornucopia is the middle of it? And everything is separated like the hours on a clock?"

"Exactly!" Katniss says.

"And the lightning that hits that tree strikes at twelve?" Jacob says.

"Yes and those random cannon like noises mark the end of each hour." Beetee says conscious again.

We go to the cornucopia to get some weapons. We climb on it trying to find something besides weapons maybe some food well peeta drew a map of the arena and all the hours we have found so far.

I don't find anything other then weapons. Jacob comes over and says, "Did ya find anything."

"Nope. I found some pretty cool weapons though." I say lifting a knife.

I see a the Careers coming and say, "Mira!"

Everyone looks were I pointed and sees the careers standing there. One of them stabs Wiress. We brace for an attack.

And almost on que the cornacopia starts to spin. I fall and grab onto the cornucopia. Jacob on the other hand starts to fall with nothing to grab onto.

I grab his arm and says loudly, "Resistir! Hold on tight. Don't let go."

It continues to spin and I am holding his arm so tightly I think I am cutting off circulation.

I don't dare to loosen it until I feel his arm start to slip. And I desperately try to grab on tighter.

"Jacob!" I scream as his hand slips more and more.

He falls into the water. I desperately look around for him trying to see if he has come back up but I am spinning to fast to see anything.

The cornacopia slows to a stop and I dive in desperately looking for Jacob. He is treading water a small distance away.

I see Katniss is also getting Beetee's wire from Wiress. I swim over to him quickly and says, "Estas bien? Are you ok?"

"I'm fine." He says.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to let go." I say quickly apologizing for letting go.

"Aina it is fine. It wasn't your fault. And plus I'm fine." He says.

"Are you sure?" I say.

"Yes now we need to make sure everyone is ok." He says swimming over to the cornucopia.

We get there and Katniss is already back. I climb up and say, "So now what happened to the map it is obviously not right anymore."

We eventually go back from the cornucopia instead of trying to figure out the map. I go over near the trees with Katniss, Finnick and Joanna they are talking about the remaining tributes that aren't in the alliance.

Then out of no where there is a scream. Katniss immediately runs after it. Me and Finnick chase her. She stops and I hear another scream this time Finnick runs after it. I am about to run after him until I hear Adrain screaming.

I fill with panic and hope that maybe he is still alive. I run to his voice hoping I can help him and maybe Zach and Noah will be there and we can all be back to normal.

These hopes are all killed when I see the jabberjay. Now that the hope is gone all the screams do is bring back bad memories of my brothers being whipped and even worse.

The memories are so vivid I can almost touch the wounds on their back. I scream at the painful memories.

Katniss runs over to me and says, "Don't worry. Don't worry they are just jabberjays." She shoots it.

Finnick follows her. I hug Katniss trying to forget the bad memories. She hugs me back. Then a flock of jabberjays come screaming. I stumble back trying to get away and I start to run to Jacob, Joanna, Peeta, and Beetee wait for us.

I run desperate to get away from the memories. I hit a invisible wall keeping me and Jacob apart. I figure this out and fall to the ground listening to the memories.

I remember my brother's being whipped and little 4 year old me trying to someone only to get a whip to the face or the arm.

I hear the screams that are the exact same as the ones that we scream when we say one of our brothers died.

I am shaking. The memories haunting me. I see Katniss and Finnick seem to be going through the same thing. I go over to Finnick the closest thing I have to a brother at that moment.

I pull him into a hug my small petite arms couldn't completely hold him. I know he is sad so I say, "Está bien. It is ok."

He wraps his arm around me. I cry silently. I know I am no longer comforting him and he is just comforting me over the screams of my brothers.

At one point I hear Luca's screams and immediately get up to go and investigate. I know they are jabberjays but they could actually be hurting him.

I don't find anything and just fall to the ground near a tree. I curl up into a ball.

The screams finally stop but my mind still burns with the memories. The memories I had suppressed for years all resurfaced.

Jacob runs to me and takes me to the beach. He holds me tightly letting me rest my head on his chest. He sings the song that Luca sang to me when I had a nightmare. He messes up some words and I laugh.

He smiles when he hears me laugh. He says, "Are you alright?"

"It still hurts." I say.

"What hurts?" He says searching me for any of new cuts or bruises.

"Remember our brothers. Remember the whipping post. I thought I had forgotten it. I didn't." I say.

"Oh yeah. I remember that. But you know what else I remember, I remember how Adrain and Noah used to make you little dolls with whatever extra stuff they had. And how Henry used to try and get you to learn new knots but you were always too stubborn."

I smile at the thought of these memories.

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

This one was kinda a long one. I hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading!!!