Chapter 18

A while later

I have lost count of the days we have been here. I haven't gotten barely any sleep.

I still keep my hair up in a tight bun too stubborn to take in out even though it is starting to hurt my head.

I am bruised, scarred, and sore. I think they are going to try and get me and Peeta another interview.

He has changed a decent amount. We don't talk about Katniss even half as often as we used to.

He flinches and seems on edge a lot of the time when I bring her up. Although he still seems to love her.

Joanna and I haven't talked very much. I have heard her screams frequently though.

I talk to Annie the most. If it weren't for our conversations I would probably have gone insane by now.

She tells me about Finnick and stories of what they used to do. In return I tell her the stories that went along with each charm on my bracelet and the stories that Noah used to tell me.

She has kind of become the older sister I have never had. She still doesn't get it that bad with the torture. Which I am happy about.

I lay in the corner it is around 3 am. I hear a few peacekeepers come by.

"I think they are supposed to bomb 13 during the boy's interview." One says.

"Shush we don't know if they are all asleep." The other says.

"They look asleep don't they?"

"Well I guess. But still be quite."

They walk away. I look around to see if anyone else is up.

Peeta and I make eye contact for a second. I quickly look away and close my eyes.

I stay up all night my fingernails digging into my arm. Trying my best to keep my mind off my brothers.

I fiddle with my bracelet counting each charm. Remembering each of my brothers as my hand brushes against the charm.

When the sun finally comes up I stand up ignoring the bruises and start to pace.

Annie is still asleep and Peeta is awake in the corner of his cell deep in thought.

"Aina are you okay?" Peeta asks looking at my arm.

I look at it. It had blood trickling down it. My nails have dug their way into my skin. I quickly lift my hand away from the blood stained arm.

I wipe the blood on my shirt and hold it there trying to stop the bleeding. And sit down next to his cell.

"Yeah I am okay. Just perfect. I have to tell them at my interview. " I say my voice strained.

"What? No Snow will kill you." Peeta says.

"I have to. Or else Katniss and everyone there will die."

"Aina don't. It isn't worth it." He says demandingly.

"You can't stop me." I says.