Twenty Two

Jessica smiled as her mother walked her down the aisle, nodding at the guests.

"You look beautiful!" Holland mouthed to her.

Jessica grabbed Danny's outreached hand after kissing her mother's cheek.

"You may all sit."

Jessica gave Danny a nervous smile as they faced the pastor.

"We are all gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest and biggest moments and to cherish the words in which will unite Jessica and Daniel. Marriage is a promise between two people. A promise to love each other and to make each other's life meaningful. This ceremony is to celebrate how far the relationship has come and to symbol that you're no longer alone in this world. These vows that each of you are about to say mean that you're no longer two people, but one. The couple decided to write their own vows, you may start Danny."

"Jessica, I knew from the very moment I laid eyes on you that you were my forever. Someway, somehow, I was determined to make you mine. And from this day forward my heart is entirely yours....
As we continue to grow in our lives together, I promise to give you all of my words when needed, and to share in the silence when they are not, to pick you up if you are down, to love you unconditionally, to lay my bare skin on you when needed most, to care for you and our families for as long as we live, to adventure with you always, to say I love you before falling asleep each night, to always say of course I love you whenever you randomly ask me, to be the best father I can be as we grow a family together, and to always know in the deepest part of my soul, that when challenges arise we will always find our way back to one another. Jessica, you are my everything and this is my promise to you."

"Jessica."

" Danny, I feel overwhelmingly lucky and proud to be standing beside you today.... Thank you for accepting me for all that I am. Thank you for knowing that I've fought to be as successful as I can be. Thank you for loving me when I'm insecure and kissing away my insecurities. Thank you for always supporting and loving me, unconditionally, I know I haven't always made that easy. I know on that fact alone, you're going to make an amazing father to our children someday. I vow to love you without reservation or conditions. I vow to always do my best to give more than I take, and not keep score. When I am with you, I am the best version of myself because I am utterly and unapologetically myself. I vow to continuously work on myself, and to be the wife and mother you want and deserve."

"Now to exchange the rings."

One of Ryan's children walked it over to them.

Danny had tears in his eyes as the pastor continued.

"Daniel Sallis Huston, do you take Jessica to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." He said, smiling like a madman at a crying Jessica as he slid the ring on her finger.

"Jessica Phyllis Lange, do you take Daniel to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." She slid the ring on his finger.

"With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride."

Danny grabbed Jessica's face with both hands and kissed her, dipping her before turning to the cheering crowd.