𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼- ♏︎

I opened my front door and dropped my bag to the side as I entered.
I walked into the lounge and froze when I saw a hand over the sofa.
I quickly found my knife in my jacket pocket and turned to see who it was.
Cancer??
I had no idea she was the babysitter.
I have to admit, she did look kinda cute lying on the sofa, book in hand and Lyra sleeping in her arms, snuggled into her.
I took a picture quickly- we're always trying to take good pictures of Lyra for photo books, I'll cut out Cancer's face so I don't look like a creep don't worry.
Speaking of which, her eyes started opening sleepily, revealing her sapphire blue eyes.
"Cancer?" I asked quietly.
She jumped, almost waking my sister.
"Oh! Er- hey Scorpio. I'm sorry I fell asleep, I've just been so-," she yawned. "Tired," she finished.
"It's okay. But we should probably take Lyra into her own bed, as much as I'm sure you're a good pillow," I joked.
She blushed and picked Ra up gently.
She stirred- but didn't wake up.
"Can you show me where her room is?" Cancer asked quietly.
I nodded and lead the way up the stairs.

"I'll go now," Cancer moved to leave just after she set down Lyra in her crib.
I nodded mutely.
"I'll probably see you tomorrow Scorpio," she started to move.
"Wait-," I blocked her path and looked down at her.
Without those inch high boots she's really short. Like ten inches shorter then me.
she's below my shoulder- and I don't have my boots on either.
"What's up?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Can you help me study? I have a physics test tomorrow but I've been so distracted-,"
"Sure," she shrugged. "I've got my notes in my bag. I can help you," she gave me a small smile.
"So can I call you shortie, shrimp?" I teased.
She gave me a small glare, which I laughed at. "Okay shortie it is," I chuckled.

"No scorpio. You're doing it wrong. Again," cancer groaned as I did a sum in my notes.
"How do we do it then? And what's the point in this? I won't ever need to use-,"
"Shut up please," she put a hand over mine to shut me up.
It worked.
Her hands were really soft.
"Okay right this formula down," she took her hand away from mine to point something out in her book.
"This is physics not maths," I retorted.
She rolled her eyes and started muttering about stupid rebel teenage boys.
I found myself missing her hand moments later.

Half an hour in my tutoring session, Lyra woke up.
"I'll get her, continue writing," cancer stood up and went upstairs, coming down minutes later with Ra awake in her arms.
"Okay let's continue," she sat down whilst rocking Ra to sleep.
I nodded mutely.

My mum arrived back an hour later, Cancer left and I found myself staring at my phone. Soon, a notification appeared on the screen.
𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿: 𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘊𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳. 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘶𝘮 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘺.
𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘓𝘺𝘳𝘢 𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘛𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧, 𝘐''𝘮 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺.
I smiled and saved her number to my phone quickly.
𝗦𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗽𝗶𝗼: 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘦'𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.
I hit send.
I got a reply almost instantly.
𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗲: 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸.
I turned off my phone and threw it onto my bed.
I was now friends with her.
Normally, if I were a popular and respected figure at school, I'd of made her leave as soon as I got through the door.
But seeing as I'm not either, just a feared figure, I don't really care about my reputation as long as she's my friend.
Which is weird, because I've never felt this way before.
And I really really really hate this feeling.
Butterflies, weird feelings in my chest, stupid things like that to annoy me like hell.

It was a night of tossing and turning and no sleep, just wondering about her.
Which is kinda stupid, seeing as I try to be what my stereotype is, a cold, hard, emotionless, juvenile teenage rebel.
Basically what you'd call a cliché 'bad boy' which is great and fun.
I also realized another thing at one am,
I had a crush on a certain short white-ette babysitter.
Crap.