Broken leg (Lucifer x reader)

(This was requested by AnnetteRushtonJackso. This is going to be longer than usual since a couple ideas came to me while writing this.)

Y/N's POV

"Y/N! Hurry up! We're going to be late!" I heard Lucifer call from downstairs. I nearly tripped over my own foot as I ran to my bedroom door.

"I'll be down in a sec!" I did my best to put on my uniform as fast as humanly possible. The last thing I needed was for Lucifer to get even more angry at me.

My alarm didn't go off this morning, which is why Lucifer was rushing me like this. What sucked even more is that I missed breakfast...

I put on my shoes, grabbed my school stuff, and booked it out of my room. My loud footsteps could probably be heard throughout the entire manor, but that was the least of my worries.

"I'm coming! Sorry that I-!" I didn't notice that the staircase was in fromt of me, and I started to fall forwards. Everything seemed to go in slow motion.

I saw the shocked look of the brothers as I started to fall down the stairs. The next thing I knew there were papers and books all over the floor. At first, it was silent. But then my leg started throbbing with immense pain, and I let out a scream.

-time skip a couple of hours later-

"This sucks...."

I was sitting in my bed with a cast on my leg. I had broken it when I fell down the stairs. Surprisingly, demons have healing casts and bandages just in case they get serious injuries during their annual checkups, but I have to put on a new cast daily.

Luckily for me, I only have to wear a cast for two days until my leg is healed. Normally, I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for it to heal.

What's even more lucky is that I don't have to worry about school because today was Friday. It would've been harder to get around the school with someone helping me all day long.

I was supplied with crutches, but they're really annoying to use. Especially if you don't have much upper body strength like myself.

There was something that surprised me though. Lucifer decided to stay at the manor with me. I originally tried to get all of the brothers to go to school, but they didn't want to leave me all alone.

So we came to an agreement that someone would stay at the manor with me, and Lucifer was the first one to volunteer. Since he's, well, Lucifer, no one objected.

However, he hasn't said anything to me the entire time. The air around us felt awkward, and I wanted to say something. But before I could, Lucifer spoke.

"I want to apologize." My eyes widened. What in the three realms did he have to apologize for? It wasn't his fault that I fell.

"Lucy, you didn't do-"

"I was rushing you, and you ended up breaking your leg because of it." Lucifer glanced away. I reached for his hand, and lightly squeezed it.

"Lucifer, it wasn't your fault at all! I should've double checked my alarm this morning. I also should've been paying attention to where I was going." I chuckled to lighten the mood a little. He looked back at me, and the look in his ruby eyes told me that he felt a little less guilty.

I knew that no matter what I said he would still feel guilty about this. His pride wouldn't allow him to feel no guilt at all, but I could at least take some of it off of his shoulders.

"I will be assisting you for the entire weekend. If you ever need me, just text me."

"Thank you. But I don't want to take up much of your time. You are the student council president after all."