Invitation (Barbatos x reader)

(Got the idea from a in game text. I still have a few screenshots on my phone.)

Y/N's POV

"How odd. This doesn't seem like something Barbatos would do. Then again, he can be unpredictable when he's not following orders from Diavolo."

I thought to myself as I brushed my hair. I was getting ready to go to Lord Diavolo's castle to go and see Barbatos. He had invited me to come over while Diavolo was gone, so it would only be the two of us in that large castle.

Once I finished brushing my hair, I walked over to my closet and picked out something to wear. I looked down at myself and smiled, feeling satisfied with what I chose to wear. I was about to leave my room, but I was suddenly blinded by a white light.

When I could see again, Barbatos was standing in front of me with a small smile on his face. I was a little confused, since he had asked me to come over to the castle, and I was about to go before he came.

"I apologize for the intrusion, Y/N. I thought it was better to come and get you. It's not safe for you to walk all the way to the castle by yourself. I hope you don't mind." Barbatos explained. I quickly shook my head and smiled, feeling grateful that he took my safety into consideration.

"It's all right. Let's go." The demon butler opened a portal on the wall, and gestured for me to enter first. I took a cautious step forward, and walked into the portal.

I was once again blinded by a white light, and I stumbled a little bit. However, something warm touched my hand, and began guiding me forward. After a few moments the light dissapeared, and I could open my eyes again.

When I did, I was standing in the center of the foyer in the castle. I still felt something warm on my hand, so I looked down. A hand was holding it, but as soon as I looked, Barbatos let go of my hand, leaving it strangely cold. My hand raised slightly to grab it again, but I stopped it.

What would you like to do?" Barbatos turned to me and asked. My mind was drawing a blank. I wasn't really sure what to do. So I decided to go with the first thing that came to mind.

"We could just talk to each other."

"Alright. I will make us some tea. Please follow me." Barbatos started walking away, and I quickly followed after him. He lead me to a room with a couch in the middle.

Barbatos left the room to go make the tea, and I sighed as soon as he was out of hearing range. I lifted the hand he had held, and cupped it with my other hand, trying to regain the warmth from earlier. Though it did feel a little warm, it still felt cold to me somehow.

"I wish he didn't let go of my hand earlier. Why do I feel like this? I mean, I guess Barbatos is nice, and he's pretty handsome too...

Wait. Am I-?!"

My face turned bright red as that thought passed through my mind. It confirmed that I was crushing on the best demon butler in the entire Devildom. The same demon she was alone in the castle with.

I heard footsteps approaching me, causing me to panic internally. As Barbatos came into view, I glanced downwards so I could avoid making eye contact with him.

"Is everything alright?"

"Y-Yeah. Thank you for the tea..." He handed me a little saucer with a pretty tea cup on it. As I inhaled, I became a little more relaxed. The smell of the tea was soothing.

However, my quick moment of calmness went away as Barbatos sat down next to me. My grip on the tea teacup's handle got a little tighter. I could feel my cheeks getting hotter again.

"So, how have you been?" Barbatos broke the silence, and I glanced up at him. There was concern in his eyes, which most people would miss since he always has a stoic face.

"I've been alright..." I took a small drink from my teacup, and then set it down on the table in front of us. I heard a small sigh from Barbatos as he set down his own cup.

"Y/N, please tell me what's wrong. I am concerned about you, and I want to do what I can to help you." He spoke softly. I glanced away from him, too nervous to tell him what was wrong.

I felt arms wrap around me, and I felt surprised. Barbatos didn't seem like the kind of person to give others hugs, or any other kinds of physical contact besides handshakes. I wasn't sure what to do.

"W-What are-?"

"People usually give hugs to the ones they care about, correct?" His question made me widened my eyes. Those words echoed in my head over and over again.

"A-As a friend...right?" I almost laughed at myself for asking such a stupid question. Barbatos looked right into my eyes, and pulled me a little closer to him.

His lips slowly brushed against mine as he kissed me. My mind went blank as I succumbed to the intoxicating feeling of his soft lips against mine. For a while, we just sat there in a seemingly endless bliss.

At some point, I had to break away for air. My mind was starting to work again, and I felt my cheeks glowing again. Barbatos reached out, and lightly held my cheek.

"This may be a bit forward, but I've found myself smitten with you. Is that alright with you?"

"U-Uh....t-that was...my problem. I-I've...fallen in love with you too." I reached up, and held Barbatos' hand. I felt the same warmth as I did earlier. It made me feel extremely happy.

"I see. I am glad then. It means I am allowed to do this, right?" He kissed me again, and I smiled slightly.