Chapter 39||| the Aftermath

Third Person P.O.V
Location: Castle of Lions

Some days have passed ever since the incident and every time Y/n walked passed the hanger his throat would dry up, his stomach up in knots and his heart sank. He still felt the hurt in his heart and couldn't bare to be in that room.

Y/n never was able to process grief that well. When Noah died, Y/n shoved his emotions down and didn't tell anyone how he really felt. But in this situation he didn't know what to do, he put his head in his hands all confused. He just lost the love of his life, and he didn't know how to handle it.

Should he feel mad? Sad? Numb? Or should he move froward and try to act strong for the team?

After a few seconds of looking at the door, he decided to go in. He didn't expect anyone to be in the room but to his surprise Keith, Alina and Lance were all gathered around in front of the Lion.

They all turned towards him as Y/n walked in, Alina smiled and waved at him.

"Hey L/n, we wanted to ask how you were holding up?"

Y/n stopped in his tracks as he stood in front of them, he then started to visibly shake and collapsed to the ground on his hands and knees. He instantly started to cry, they were all taken back by this but instantly started to console him.

"I don't know how to feel, I miss him." He grabbed his chest as his throat dried up as he started to speak, "I've lost him forever and I never got to say...." his voice softened as he said the last part, "I never got to tell him that I loved him." He looked back at three of them with tears in his eyes, "I never got tell him how much I loved him, how much I cared for him. I should've done more to show him and now, I've lost him forever." He covered his face as more tears were streaming down his face.

The three of them looked at each other as they didn't know Y/n would breakdown like this. Alina instantly used her powers to calm him down and to relax him.

"The day I lost my brother I felt like I was at my worse point in life, he meant so much to me. I lost him and I couldn't do anything about it, so I bottled up my feelings, my grief, my sadness and my anger. But when you guys came into my life, you changed it for the better. Shiro especially, he saw something in me that I didn't see or even notice but now.....he's gone. I know I won't be able to bottle my emotions like last time but he meant so much to me." Y/n took a big deep breath as tears kept falling from his face. "We may have not known each other for a long time but I felt a connection, he understood me. He was able to understand my feelings, my problems and now I don't know what to do, how do I handle this?" He looked at them as he wiped away his tears.

Keith took a deep breath and put his hand out.

"Take my hand."

Y/n did as he was told as Keith pulled him up from the floor and pulled him into a hug. His eyes widen as he slowly hugged back.

"We are here now. You're don't need to push away your feelings, I know how you feel Y/n because I was in the same boat. I promise you are not alone. What you're going through, we can handle as a team. Shiro trusted the both of us to lead the team and that's what we're gonna do. Lead the team together."

Keith pulled away from Y/n and just smiled at him, Y/n was kinda in shock since this was out of character for Keith but Y/n knew how much Shiro meant to him so he understood where Keith came from.

"Yeah, plus I think he knows how much you love him. Trust me, the ring says it all." Lance said as he placed his elbow on Keith's shoulder. "You could've also asked me for help about proposing to him because I am a ladies man." He smirked while he said that which made Keith raise an eyebrow.