Chapter 42||| Chase

Y/n's P.O.V
Location: Castle of Lions, ______am/pm

"Keith, you did what?!" I said speaking into the comms as I took a deep breath. I looked down at Alina who was confused and did not know what was going on, I just ran to the lion with her following.

"What's going on? Did Keith get hurt? Is he okay?"
"He's fine, he just left chasing after Lotor by himself. Stay here, it's too dangerous for you."
"No, I'm coming too! I want to help, I want to be useful."
"I said stay here."
"No, I'm coming with you."
"I have no time to argue with you. We'll talk about this later."

I sighed as she followed me into the Lion, I sat down in my chair and started to fly after Keith with the rest of the team, "What a good way to practice controlling my lion." I thought to myself in a sarcastic tone.

——

"Lotor's cruiser is on the other side of the planet, at our current rate we'll be within attack range by possibility an hour."
"Good, hold formation."

Keith said as we kept flying towards them, I had a bad feeling about this, when Lotor's ship came into view.

"Is attacking right now such a good idea? Y/n barely got to ride the Black Lion and he has no practice with it."
"I agree with Hunk. Keith, Y/n, we need to go back. We can blame our hot-headed second leader for this awful mission."

Lance and Hunk said as I accidentally crashed into Hunk, I was about to say something when I got interrupted.

"First, you liked the idea of Y/n and I leading TOGETHER but complain on how I go about it? Prince Lotor is the heir to the Galra throne, we could end it right now."

"Keith, we are leading together. You need to think this through," I said as Alina looked at me then at space, "I've only used this lion once and I don't know how to control it like you guys."

"Are you sure you're doing okay, Y/n? You're still grieving with Shiro's death and you're now leading Voltron and flying the black lion."
"I'm doing fine, Pidge. I just need better control with the lion and to adjust to it, I've driven many ships in my time in space."

"That's good, because we're going in." Keith said as he flew the lion towards Lotor.

"I really hope Lotor doesn't know that I'm controlling the lion. Besides it will be difficult to tell the team about him." I thought to myself as the thoughts in my head came back, "They are going towards you, move. Leave, it's dangerous here." I put my head in my hands as my ears started to ring.

"I'm detecting movement from Lotor's cruiser." Keith stated as I looked up from the ground towards the ship, the thoughts were warning me about upcoming danger. "How did I not realize? But it causes such a headache."

"Stay alert, it seems to be only one fighter." I tried saying without sounding nervous.

"Let's take it out," Keith said as he moved his lion towards the fighter jet. When accidentally, Lance ran into Keith, they started to squabble with each other.

"BEHIND YOU." I instantly moved the lion to the side as I heard shooting, it was the fighter. I successfully dodged some of the bullets but was still getting hit. "I need him off my tail, be careful when doing so!" As I finished my sentence I immediately got hit by my own teammates, they weren't hitting the fighter and were only hitting each other.

"That's definitely Lotor." I took a deep breath as I was still dodging and had decided to finally shoot back.

"This isn't working! We need to form Voltron!" Keith said angrily since we were getting our ass handed.