Chapter 13||| Trying to Survive

Y/n's P.O.V
Location: Castle of Lions, ???pm

"SHIT!" The ship started to move as we were getting shot at. I ran towards Alina and hugged her, she was scared not knowing what to do.

"Allura, can you come save us!"
"We can't! We are a bit occupied at the moment! We are surrounded and taking heavy fire!"

The castle's shield formed around the castle. It was the only defense we had, when that I could attack the Galra fighters with my own ship but not for long.

"Alina stay here with the Princess!"
"Huh?"
"Just stay!"

I ran to my ship, it was in working condition so I was able to use it. I got in the ship and immediately started it up. Once it started it up and the hatch door opened I flew out of the castle. The galra had noticed me and started to shoot at me, I flew around them and was shooting back. I destroyed some of their ships, the castle wasn't taking as much damage as before but the defense was still very low.

"I think that was the las- for fuck sake!"
"There's more of them be careful, Y/n."
"I'll try to lure them away from the castle, Princess! Tell the Paladins to get up here quick!"
"Got it!"

I flew the opposite way of the castle and the Balmera. The galra followed while shooting, I tried shooting back when the galra shot both of my blasters.

"Damn it. Princess, I'm down!"
"Come back here, quick before they capture you!"

I flew back to the castle but couldn't shake them off my tail. I got back into the castle and ran to the control room when I noticed that some of the ships were flying down to the Balmera.

"They are going to steal the lions!"
"Paladins your lions are in danger! Get back immediately!"

I ran to where Coran was standing and looked down at the screens.

"Wait something locked onto us!" As I said that a battle cruiser appeared in front of us. "Shit...."

Allura immediately informed the Paladins.

"Paladins, there is a battle cruiser locking on us! If it fires the ion canon we might not survive."

Lance started to explain what was going on, I didn't really hear what he was saying as I was losing my balance. I immediately put my hand over my heart and started to heavy breath, I was panicking. The only thing I heard was,

"Allura we are on our way!"

It was Shiro, they apparently got out which made me relax. Alina walked up to me and grabbed my hand,

"You are relaxed."

In a snap I was relaxed, I got my balance back and turned to Coran then at Alina and smiled, I then started tapping on the screens trying to do something.

"Look, they're out!"
"Thank god!"

From the map I saw them moving upwards towards us when I noticed the battle cruiser.

"The ion canon is charging up! We need backup!"

But before I knew it the ion canon started to shoot at the castle but quickly Allura put the shields in front of the castle to protect us.

"Paladins! Get up here quick!" I looked up at the battle cruiser as it continued to charge the canon.

"We are on our way!" Shiro quickly responded and they formed Voltron.

"Right now, Princess!"
"Full power on the blasters, and FIRE!"

We apparently had our own canon and we shot through the battle cruiser, and destroyed the other galra ships along with it. Everyone sighed in relief and smiled, Voltron landed on the Balmera safely.