Chapter 27

"Do you see those flowers son?" dad said while pointing to those flowers that is seen from our garden to here.

"What's with those dad?"

"I ask manang to took a special care on those flowers and even talk to our new worker, Mang alex." he look at those flowers while smiling a bit. "Those flower are not just your grandma's flower but also your mom's favorite flowers." 

"That's why meron din ng mga bulaklak na yan sa La Cruzalda ha" i concluded.

"Because La Cruzalda is our place." he stated and now shift his eyes to me. "We never really live in this mansion. We start and built our family in La Cruzalda son. Your Grandpa do not want Eli for me kasi galing lang sa ordinaryong pamilya ang mom mo. Your dad believes that La Cuesta belongs to those who were in the same level of our family name. Rich are for those who are rich, he believes so kaya nagtanan kami ang we stay in La Cruzalda before we get married." so that is the reason why he keeps on saying that everything started at La Cruzalda.

"Bakit don dad? Edi nalaman din ni Grandpa na nandun kayo, that is his property as well." voicing out my curiosity.

"That is your grandma's property and not your grandpa's. My mom and dad are just a fixed married couple, son. " i nodded understanding the point. "My dad's business was actually about tourism. When i flew to U.S i asked dad to name one of our company to your mom, that is a condition. Well he actually did but when i came back from U.S there's a rumor that the company file a bankcrupcy and sank down. That is the time i knew your mom died, having an infection while giving birth. The child is you." his lips is smiling but his eyes are screaming in so much pain.

"I caused her death." i felt a guilt and a pain in my heart. 

"I know you are feeling so guilty now son but you must not." he held my shoulder kinda trying to say that everything is alright. I look up to him and met his eyes "i am feeling so down that time because i lost everything, the company, your mom, her, my family. But when i look at you, i remember so many reason to not give up." he sobs while trying to stiffle his tears.

"You Are Dwaine Hurricane because you will blew strongly above the storm, i know. So i make myself stronger so i will be able to witness how you are going to be strong, Son." i can't take it. My dad is crying in front of me so i stand up and give him a tight hug. "I already witness how strong you are, that is more than enough. I am always proud of you son. I love you more than anything and everything." he said between our hugs.

After a couple of time we decided to just walk around our garden, watching the flowers dance with the rhythm of cold breeze this night. I spread my arms feeling the flowers against the tip of my fingers. My mom love these creations, how much more of me. I bet if she just witness my growth then she will love me more than these flowers.

"Son" dad that is so silent suddenly call me.

"Hmm?"

"si S-shiane?" he said