Chapter 35

"I'm ready Dwaine" 

"For what?" i ask Yza when she suddenly  talk while we are blankly starring at the night sky here in my veranda.

"To answer every question of yours." atsaka niya hinawakan ang kamay ko at pinisil pisil iyon. "I owe you this so go on." she kiss my hand that she was holding "but wait, let us play it better. Each question must be answered with another question again. A chain of question."

"That's confusing."

"But exciting" i shook my head accepting my defeat. That's really her thing. If she want it, she wants it. How spoiled.

"Why did you left?" i sighed before starting to ask that one.

"Why won't i if i really have to?." she answered obviously trying to play safe. I thought she is reading for this?

"Why do you have too?"

"Why would i give you deeper pain if i can prevent it and cause you a lighter one?" she fire back. I look at her with disbelief.

"Do you really think i am that weak ha?" 

"Do you really think that i can hurt you too much deeper?" she talk back fastly

"so you are thinking that i was not hurt?"

"Bakit di mo ko hinabol?"

"Why don't you know that i did?" 

"Bakit di mo ko pinaglaban?" she continued asking, ignoring my previous question. Napakunot naman ang noo ko ng magumpisa ng magbago ang hangin na namamagitan sa amin. Everything became so tense.

"Why don't you ask that on yourself Yza?" 

"okay then i lose."  she turn her look on me. "i was just waiting for you to fight for us para naman malaman ko na if ever i will fight and turn my back to those who i am following will atleast be worthy." she is now starting to be emotional but i am still in a confuse state. I don't understand what she is saying.

"I did Yza. I did fight for us." i said with so much confusion.

"You wait Dwaine. You just wait but you never fight." sinabi niya iyon na para bang hindi siya makapaniwala na iyon ang ginawa ko. Natigilan ako ng mabalikan ang nangyari. "You have the chance to chase me to fight for us but what you did was just wait. So tell me how am i going to fight for someone who never gave me enough reason to fight?"

"Why can't you just fight for us? Why do you still needed a reason?" i fire back. I can't believe this.

"I was just threatening you Dwaine. I was just testing if you will look and fight for me. But you never did" binitawan niya ang kamay ko na hawak niya bago pinunasan ang luha na kumawala sa mata niya.