a look at the past

Malu had called Dora to tell her that she was going after the Italians. They had taken her husband and she was pissed. She was going to take both revenge and her husband back.

She waited until it was dark outside before she dressed for such an operation. Daggers and guns securely strapped on her suit.

Dora wanted to come, but Malu advised strongly against it. They had to keep up appearances.

Malu had taken with her Ryder and a few others of her security team. They had left the hotel on two different cars being prepared for the worst. She had planned a rough schematic of how their assault was going to be.

She took a sharp turn as she drove. "I want two to wait by the cars. The Italians will try to destroy our way out, if you comm Dora in case you fail she'll send help."

Ryder beside her loaded his gun. "With all due respect, madam. But didn't they ask you go alone?"

"Yes, but they don't want Kimi they want me and it's not wise to move alone. We'll stop at the gas station to leave the cars and walk about half a mile down to the factory they are keeping the Count."

Calling him by his title diminished the pain his name brought to her heart. She tried her best to remain focused.

"So we'll attack from the ceiling?"

"Three will have to take over the roof, the factory is old, left there by the last tsar, so there's not much of it left I don't believe I have to focus your attention on not killing yourselves."

Ryder nodded. "Charles, Ray and Rich will take the roof. Mara, John and I will come with you."

"Yes, but we have to secure the perimeter. They are far away from their base so I don't believe they'll have to spare many men. I count around twenty to thirty brainless assholes with a gun."

They chuckled and she smirked, she kept driving for a moment longer under silence, until she clenched her jaw and spoke, "When we secure the Count, I want you to go."

Ryder's brow creased.

"I'm sure their leader will be amongst them, so, I want you to take the Count and drive the hell back to Dora. She'll send help."

"You might as well end up dead."

"We all die someday."

Ryder shook his head. "With all due respect, I won't leave you."

"Fuck," She turned again sharply and frowned and looked at the woman and man sitting behind her through the mirror. "I want you to grasp Kimi and run the other way. Don't let him go even if I'm shot in the head. Understood?"

They both nodded reluctantly.

"Good. If Ryder stays, Mara you are head of Kimi's security-"

"Madam, you are not dead yet." Mara interjected.

Malu took a moment to smile. "Yet. Ryder," she said. "I don't want you to stay. You have kids."

"Kids that don't even remember me."

"Still. I want you to go."

"Madam-"

"Do as I say."

"Have you thought how the Count will live if you die?"

She clenched her jaw. "He'll live."

"What you have is very rare. Don't waste it. It happens once."

"Ryder," she said. "I won't die. Just do as I say. Have I ever been wrong?"

They looked at each other and Mal nodded.