Never Had An Answer (Hawks x Reader)

Coming home from a long evening at work, you're turning the corner at your street. Last week Hawks promised a special dinner for you today. Lately it's been hard for you two.
You work a lot and so does he, but when you come home it's difficult. He is distant.
When you all first met, he was sweet and did so much. Bought you gifts, made you dinner, back rubs. Everything. He even made you a necklace out of a feather on his neck. He said it would attract him to you when you needed him and vice versa. The necklace hasn't been used in months, but you wear it everyday.

Now pulling up into the driveway you see the lights are off. Maybe he forgot dinner. Honestly, you wouldn't be mad if he did anyways.
Getting up out of the car and stepping foot into the house, you see something. Panties were sitting on the floor. They didn't look like yours..but maybe he did some digging in laundry today. Walking into the kitchen you pick up a glass that was on the counter. It had a fairly large lip print on it.

Nervous, but trying to have sense, you walked back into your bedroom, where the light was on. A little noise was coming from there. You set your bag down next to the door and creeped it open.
A sight you had never wished to see unfolded quickly.
Your husband of 2 years, the person you vowed your life to and carried apart of them everyday was inches deep into another woman. Tears swelled up so heavy, so deep, your palms ached. A dreadful feeling shot up your back. "H-hawks..?" The light voice you made caught his attention, his eyes shot over quickly.

His movements waved fast as the stranger flung from his grip and he looked over to you fully, seeing your makeup smudged. "Baby..Baby Bird.." He walked closer.
Your feet took control, running back down the hall and crying. You grabbed the keys from your stand and walked out to the car. You knew, that this. This was it.
He came chasing after you. "BABY PLEASE! I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOU." His words shot like knives.
You slowly looked down at the necklace, pulling it off and setting it outside the car.

You left. Now on the way to your mothers, tears- hot like fire were burning down your cheeks. A pain you hadn't felt before. Everything ached. Pulling now into her drive way, you rushed into her house and told her everything.

Time skip to about a week later

You stayed with your mother that week, with nothing. Today was the day you were going to get your things. You had blocked his number, so you weren't tempted to forgive him.
You're waiting now, outside the house. Keys in hand, tears on your face again, you open the door. The smell floods your nose once more, the smell of your relationship. All the candles and perfume..at once. The house is a wreck. Beers on the table, his feathers..everywhere. No him. Good.
Walking back to your room, your bag is still there. You pick it up and open your door.

Hawks is lying down, passed out you assume. The light flickers on and you begin to grab your things quickly.
"Y/n..is that you?" A very tired and raspy voice shoots up.
Your gut twisted as you looked up to him.

His eyes were filled with tears and his face stained with them. His hair a mess, and gross.
You made eye contact for only a moment when you decided to take what you had back out to the car.
He chases you again calling your name over and over. "Y/n..please. Just talk to me? Are you mad?"

How dumb could he be?
"To tell the truth, I could never be mad you. I'm mad at myself, and sad about it."
His eyebrows twist, looking down at you now. "I'm leaving you."
Suddenly his legs buckled, giving into the concrete. You gasped and reached down, only finding him crying.
You wanted to feel bad, but truly, you didn't.

"Baby Bird..I'm so sorry..I don't know how to help us.." He sniffles, and his wings close down.
You kneel down, wrapping your arms tightly around him and pushing your head into his soft feathers. "Maybe this is it. You took advantage of me, why should I stay?"
Letting go, you stand up and help him up as well.
"I'll be filing next week, take care." Your words clearly cut like knives through his skin, because when you start to pull out, his wings flare wide into the air and he begins to sob harder. There is nothing to do for him.

There may be a part 2, idk.
812 words