Realism. (Light Yagami x Reader)

this is probably a controversial chapter because of Lights past/character, but basically this has absolutely nothing to do with the storyline of death note! it's just some fluff with the character!
----

Lying down across my red velvet couch, the breaking rain catches my eye. The smell was wild through the house, with a mixture of rain and nature.
I live in a house far off from the city with my lover, whom has gone out today. He wanted to go to the book store, but I stayed behind for cleaning and such.

Our house was small and built out on the edge of the forest, but it was rather modern and had fantastic signal, so I was able to endure it here. We weren't married, no, but he had been my fiance for around 3 years now. Figuring it was time to move in, we made a compromise to a house North of town. He enjoyed the city, as did I, but more so the beautiful country side.
The house had plenty of space for all of my book collection, and a large man-cave for my partner.

My feet padded the cold wooden floor rather softly as I ushered my way into the kitchen, looking out the bay window that resided in the living room.
I had made coffee for myself, brewed to perfection. I liked exactly 3 sugar cubes in my cup and 1 ice cube. One half ounce of creamer and 1 exact ounce of oat milk.
As I made the drink, my mind wondered to where my love was. Perhaps on his way home? Getting a tea? Eating?
I sighed now, looking out the window once more.

As it happens I looked out to see him pull into our driveway, checking the mail before fully driving upward into the garage. I smiled, sitting my coffee on the black coasters we had littered on all tables, and then sitting myself down. I opened my phone, scrolling onto social media for a second. It was always interesting. The way people interact with each other made me wonder how, and why we did.
Like clockwork the door was opened and I heard an umbrella be shaken, then two shoes hit the floor.

I waited to greet him until I saw his figure turn the corner into the living room.
"Light! How was your day?" I ask, sitting up in my seat. He scoffed and sat his umbrella aside, walking over to me.
He sat down beside me, resting his head easy against my shoulder.
"Tiring, oh so tiring. Hey, is that coffee?" He asked, peeking over to the cup that sat only a foot away. I nodded and ran my hands through his damp hair.
"You should change, you're like a wet dog!" I announced out, reaching my fingers nimbly over to undo his tie. He let me.

I took it off and set it aside, watching him fall over into my lap. He laid down in it, looking straight up to me. His legs dangled over the side of the seat, swaying to a melody I couldn't hear.
"Read to me, please, my love" He hummed, 'booping' my nose and smiling. I shared the smile with him and opened the book I had sitting aside my table.
Opening it, I began. He watched me through every word, paragraph, and page. How I loved watching His beautiful eyes drift around the room. This was it, us at peace.

----
word count: 582