Enchanting. (Armin x Reader)

this is my first armin thing ever! please dont think too harsh! in this story Armin is older than you and had been offered your position so about 25 and 22
----

Sitting down on the cotton of my bed, I let out a deep sigh. For a week I couldn't go on any missions due to an injury on the last one, in which I sustained a sprain to my ankle. It wasn't much, but they couldn't risk losing a Captain. That flattered me, honestly.
I trailed the entirety of my small office, picking up dust with a rag and checking around constantly to rid the place of grime.

This week was boring, I had read every book on my massive shelf and cleaned every inch of my office twice, all the paper work was done as well. I even broke into some of Levi's to take the weight off. He's had a hard time after the passing of Erwin, I thought I'd lend him a hand.

Waiting patiently, today was the day our trope would return home. A week it had been since I saw my lover. Although, no one knew that. Only I, and him, of course.
I constantly sat, checking the clock every half hour, expecting a change of sorts. If only. My only hope was few causalities and even fewer infirmity patients, not only because I would have to log them- but- I couldn't handle seeing the broken faces of comrades. After taking the Captain position this past year, I only figured it right to relive the grief of my peers.

As if on cue, I heard carts pulling up and the bass beat of horse hooves roughing the ground. I then shot up excitedly, dashing out of my room and down through the large building. The build up of seeing the people I loved most was enticing. That is, until I did.
Armin no longer had long hair, but the cut he had was nice and suited him. Levi had grief written on his face, and the rest were already heading inside. I walked to Levi, who was calmly sitting on his horse, no movement.

Reaching to him, I helped him down wordlessly. He made no sound. I could tell something was paining his usually stoic expression, but I felt it best to let him grieve.
Turning away, I'm met with Armin's sad expression, eyeing up to my office and cocking an eyebrow. I nod to this, but rush to the infirmary first. Barely anyone was here, which made me worry for the casualties.

Heading up to my office, my steps run heavy through the thick air. I can feel the sadness of my comrades and subordinates. My pace quickens up the stairs until I'm to my large office doors, that of which used to belong to Erwin.
My stomach was in knots as I opened the door, only to expose a malnourished figure floating on my couch. Armin.
I slung myself forward, taking his whole being into my chest and arms, his head resting against my shoulder softly.

He gripped me tightly, needing the contact we had both longed for. My hand ran through his shorter hair, missing where it used to come out at when I would pet him before. Armin sighed, leaning back, and kissing my lips softly.
"I missed you so much, (F/N), more than I could ever put into words." His words were soft, broken almost. I nodded in agreement and examined his face for cuts, which were of many.

"Please let me clean you," I plead, softly running my hands over his entire body. His shivers from the contact made my heart beat quicken. "Please." He spoke quiet, but with sadness.
I wrapped an arm around him, helping him from the chair and into my bathroom, where I turned on the hot water faucet. I had this prepared beforehand, knowing he would be dirty.
Looking to him, the silence was being uncomfortable as he just sat on my bed. I then walked over, peeling his dirty jacket off.

He let me do everything. Strip him down to nothing, then put him into the hot bath. My hands were soft from not doing much this week, rubbing the tension away in his shoulders and lathering his soft hair in lavender soap, our favorite.
He sighed from his nose, leaning his head back in a relaxed state. I began down his chest, neck, and then to his thighs, rubbing them softly and charmingly.
His breath hitched with me touching this area, but relaxed when my hands caressed down to his knees softly.

Done with the bath, now, I looked away as he wrapped himself in a towel. He stepped into my room and sat back on the bed once again. The silence was now very comfortable, once again. He made eye contact with me, and held my hands while I dried him off.
Throwing him a set of my own pajamas, I turned once more to leave him privacy while getting dressed.
"They smell like you.." He broke the thickness of the air, wrapping his arms around my back and pulling me into a hug. I blushed to this and nodded, "Well, they are mine" This caused a giggle to erupt from the blonde boy.

I gestured for him to lie in the bed while I removed my shoes. Soon, I would find his figure next to mine, pulling him closely to myself. His hair was damp but smelled of lavender, and his body was no longer tense. How I wish this feeling could last forever.
"(F/N)?" His cracked voice shot into the dark. "Yes?"

"I'm aware we have only been together for a short amount of time, but, I'm nearly one hundred percent certain I'm in love with you." He cleanly replied, nothing in our movements showing the significance of his statement. I blushed, my hand finding it's way to trail down his soft cheek.
"I love you too, Armin."

----
word count: 1005
I wish this story could last forever :(♡