Chapter 8

**Let's get this straight. When I write Edited above a chapter that does not mean it's perfect! That means I have edited for my eyes, changed a few things and proofread it. I hope you enjoy this chapter!

**(Edited)**

Tayson's POV

I stand in the mirror and adjust my dress and heels, I feel like I look good, I've never really had to dress this well except for when I went out with Connor, and that was a fucking joke so, this is making me nervous. I can't help but think if I was here with Connor. He used to be my everything, everyday and now I'm going out with another man. I shouldn't feel guilty about it but I do.

I don't know if the red is to bold, it's hugging my curves and the heels have given me about four inches of height and Hampton's only about six foot tall so I don't think it will be an issue. I walk to my closet and grab my blue one that's flows and that three quarter sleeves, I'm not feeling it though, I like the red long sleeve one I have on, it's appropriate and I love the way it fits.

I don't know what to do. Tatum, ask Tatum. She always gives the best fashion advice.

I grab my phone from my bed and walk back to my mirror, I call her as she picks up on the second ring.

"Hey Tay" she says as I hear Eliza shout, "Aunt Tay!" in the background.

"I need your fashion advice" I tell her as she giggles "Of  course!"

"What for?" Tatum asks as I sigh, I'm not ready for them to know I have a date. My dad will murder me and Trevor and Turner will not be happy, even if I don't see them that much.

"I have a business meeting for dinner tonight, regarding the hospital's budget" I lie and I know she will believe me because she doesn't know shit about hospitals. I don't even help with the budget, I don't have a clue about it.

"Okay, show me what I'm working with" she says as I quickly change her to FaceTime.

"Your makeup looks good, I'd add hairspray to your hair though, your curls fall out easily" she says as I smile, I needed her help. I miss when we lived together and she'd come in and help me with my makeup, hair and outfits, she would get so mad when I wore sweatpants and a hoodie in public but, honestly I didn't and still don't care, I wear what's comfortable. She was in Miss Georgia though, and she's beautiful and has really good advice.

"Okay, red or blue?" I ask as she looks at my outfits in the mirror, I see her scan them and then my body slowly.

"Tayson, the red. I'd date you in that, it looks so hot" she says as I sigh, I knew I went with the right choice.

"Thank you, I love you" I tell her as Eliza comes on to the phone, "Aunt Tay, I want to see!"

"Do you like it?" I ask as she nods and smiles.

"I love you too, Eliza but, I have to go. I'll see you later! I'll try to call you tomorrow" I tell them as they say "We love you too" and I hang up.

Not even a second later I hear the doorbell ring and a knock at my door. Here comes the nerves, I like Hampton, a lot and I want this to go well, I hope he likes me too.

"You got this" I say to myself in the mirror before grabbing my tote and Roxie's leash, I spray my curls quickly as well. I just gave Roxie a bath and brushed her teeth so she should be good, I just wanted her to look good too, maybe for Bruce, I know she likes him but, no babies are coming, he looks fixed and Roxie will not have sex.

I hook it around her neck before walking to the door and checking it. It's him right on time shuffling his hands between his pockets and holding the flowers, he's nervous.