Chapter 15

**(Edited)**

Tayson's POV

I sprint in to the hospital and directly to Jackson's room. His door is open and I see his mom and dad, along with Dr. Harrington and Hampton. I don't acknowledge anyone as I run into the room.

"Hey bud" I rasp out as I walk over to him, he's almost gone and I made it just in time to say goodbye. I don't want him to die, I can't let him, he's to innocent and naïve, he's never experienced life. He slowly opens his eyes as I grab the hand unoccupied by his horrible fucking mother. She's only here now because he's dying.

"Listen you don't have to talk to me but I want you to know you are the best boyfriend ever and I love you Jackson, okay? I will see you in the NFL one day playing with Trevor and Connor, and one day you'll have a dog just like Roxie" I tell him as he winks at me. His heart rate decreases as I rub his arm.

"Wove-, you to- Tay" he tells me as I wipe my tears away and and look in his face, he closes his eyes and his breathing slows down and shallows out a second later. He's gone, his heart monitor flattens and his breathing fucking stops. Jacks gone, he's gone.

I cry into my hands as he loses his grip of me and his hands fall down. I don't let go though, I hold his hand and take his pulse, it's not there, I press harder and pray for something, anything and nothing happens.

"Tayson he's gone" I hear Hampton say behind me as I see Jack's mother wipe her face with no tears and his dad, I'm a fucking mess and they look relived that he's gone.

"No, he's not he's waking up" I demand as I start compressions on his chest. I pump my hands as I feel Hampton pull me back.

"Tayson he's gone" he tells me as I fight him off of me.

"Jackson!" I yell as I shake his small body, he's so frail he flops around.

"JACK!" I scream as tears roll down my face, he can't be gone, he can't be dead.

"Tayson" Hampton tells me as he pulls me away. Someone cuts off the heart monitor as they take his pulse and time of death. He's not dead though.

"He can't be dead! He's not fucking dead!" I demand as I go back over to the bed and hold his face.

"Boyfriend?" I ask as he doesn't breathe or respond, I knew I was to attached to him and now, I'm fucking dying on the inside. I shake him again as he just lays there.

"Take her out" Dr. Harrington says as I feel Hampton lift me up over his shoulder and haul me out of the room.

"No! Take me back! I can save him! I have to save him!" I demand as I kick and yell. Hampton places a hand on my legs as he walks down the hallway with my ass in the air and takes me to the conference room. I'm thrown over his shoulder and bawling my eyes out.

"Take me back! He's not dead! He can't be dead!" I demand as I wipe my face. I fully expect Hampton to push me away but he doesn't. He stands me on my feet and hugs me into his chest as I sob my eyes out.

"He can't be gone" I rasp out as he rubs my back.

"At least he told you he loved you before he left Tayson, you know he loved you" he rasps out as I soak his shirt in tears. I cry into him as he holds me and he just rubs my back as I keep going.

"Hampton, I loved that little guy so much" I whisper as he wipes my face and rubs my back under his muscular hands.

"Calm down baby, deep breaths" he whispers as I cry into his white coat. I can't talk, I can't.