Chapter 11

**(Edited)**

Tayson's POV

"His scans came back, he's covered Tayson, it's all in his lungs and I'd give him less than a few weeks or a month to live, maybe past Christmas" Dr. Harrington says as I catch my breath.

He's dying. Jackson's dying and I can't help him.

"What can we do?" I ask as my brain starts running a thousand miles a minute, I know we can do something to save him, miracles happen everyday and he's just a small child, we have to do something.

"Nothing, he won't respond to treatment. We have tried everything these past few weeks and you know it. I took you off his care team for a reason, you got to close to him and I don't want you to feel guilty for his passing" he tells me as I nod.

I'm in his office right now, a few weeks ago after I officially started dating Hampton, we would go and see Jackson everyday, it was our thing to do as three best friends but now, Dr. Harrington is taking that decision away from me. He took me off of Jackson's care after he saw Hampton and I with him and it pissed me off, I know I can give him better nursing care than any other bitch here.

"With all your respect sir, I know him better than anyone here. He asks for me and I know it, he yells my name when I'm working in the hall and you know it" I reply harshly telling him the truth. Jackson always asks for me because he's the little guy that I love, he's so much like my brothers and I see them in his small but mighty attitude and I feel like he is apart of me now. He was my first oncology patient and the reason that I love coming to work.

"Mrs. Kingston, what are you going to do if he doesn't make it?" He asks as I look down.

"We will cross that bridge if it happens but, if he only has a few months left then give him what he wants and I know he wants me as his nurse." I rasp out as I plea, I want time with him, I want time to show him what love feels like.

He's way to special not to feel love, he's the sweetest little guy in this entire hospital and if he's going to go I'm going to make it the best last month of his life. It's almost Christmas now, it's in two weeks and I want him to have an amazing Christmas.

"Do not make me regret this" he demand as I smile. "Thank you" I demand as I hug him and walk out of the room.

I'm finding Jackson. I walk into his room to see him asleep on the bed, he looks so tired and exhausted. His parents came and saw him yesterday and I didn't know about his impending death. I knew he had more cancerous growths but, I didn't know how bad it was. I almost cry as I look at his frail little body, I hate that he's sick.

"Jack" I say as I rub his shoulder and whisper to him. I have to see him, three weeks without being able to care for my best buddy was killing me.

"Tay?" He asks as he lifts his eyes softly. Oh my god, his eyes are so sunken in and his face is so pale, he's dying and I have to give him the best last few weeks as possible. I'm going to miss him.

"Hi bud" I say as he smiles as tries to sit up, he can't though, he probably had treatment a few days ago. They decided to end his Chemotherapy because it was going to kill him before the cancer does if he didn't stop it.

"I miss you" he tells me as I lean forwards and hug his body into mine, I missed him to.

"You have no idea how mad I was when they told me another nurse was taking care of you! I told them that nobody could take care of my boyfriend but me!" I demand as I hear him laugh, good I got him to smile.

"I tell them I want my girlfriend to!" He demands as I smile and pull away, he holds my hair in his hands as he smiles at me.

"Tay tell me what's up with me?" He asks as I sigh, damn, he doesn't know. I don't even think he knows that he has cancer, he just knows that he doesn't feel good.