Chapter Twenty-Six

You and Newt end up just driving around talking for the rest of the day, and it's one of the best days you've ever had, until, of course it ends.

All to quickly the sun starts to go down.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Newt asks you, glancing over at you from the drivers seat.

Thinking of your father, you don't really know what to do. You can't let your father see Newt, or vice versa.

"Umm I need to go to the library to drop off some books." it's a pitiful excuse, but it's the best you can think of on the spot.

"Okay... uhm, do you want me to wait for you so you don't have to walk?" He asks, still shyly, which makes you grin.

He drives you to the library and pulls up in a parking spot.

"Are you sure you don't want a ride home?" He asks you, "I just want you to be safe." he blushes and runs his hand through his hair sheepishly, making you fall in love even more.

"No, I'm good, it's not far." you say, unbuckling your seat belt and getting ready to leave the car, giving Newt one last glance before you do, and then something surprising happens. He leans in and kisses you.

It's not a long kiss, more like a peck on your cheek, but you can feel the stupid grin on your face, unable to stop it, and looking up you see a matching grin on his face. You could get used to this.

You bite the inside of your lip, wanting another kiss but not wanting to be too pushy.

"Sorry if that was uncalled for, you're just to beautiful," Newt says, blushing slightly and avoiding eye contact.

"No.... it was good," you say, and then blush and bite your lip even more, as Newt turns to grin at you, but then your stupid brain has to start thinking about all the reasons why this shouldn't be a thing, but you're not going to stop it all the way.

"I should go," you whisper, mentally slapping yourself since you don't want to leave, but your stupid common sense worked its way it.

Newt nods, smiling, but he seems unhappy that you're going.

"Maybe another day....?" You say, trying to get him to smile again, and it works. He flashes the same adorable grin at you and you smile back, blushing obviously.

You get out of the car and wave to Newt as you walk into the library, and after he drives away you start the walk hope, still smiling after your first kiss.