14

Sorry for lack of updates! I know a lot of you have been asking for the next chapter :(

As most of you know, I'm a senior in high school so I was busy balancing college applications with my school work. I really just couldn't find the time to write but I finished my college applications so I have a little more time in my hands again :)

But I am still a bit busy until this weekend because I'm attending a Dholki and I'm preparing a last minute dance with my best friend for her sister (who's the bride)

Anyways, enough talking. Enjoy 😁

=

Jaegeun couldn't sleep that following night.

His thoughts left him restless, constantly going back to the afternoon's events. As much as he hated to admit it, he was worried for the emerald-eyed boy. What did his mother mean by her last words? Would his father hit him?

He had green eyes. Those crystals were surely too precious for his own parents to hurt him... right?

The next morning, Hoseok acted oddly normal for what happened the previous day. He came up to Jaegeun with a grin plastered on his lips like one would usually be.

"Morning, sunshine." The older greeted, a hand in his pocket while the other held what looked like a school blazer over his shoulder.

"Morning." Jaegeun mumbled, scanning the male up and down for any signs of injury. Thankfully, there weren't any—at least not any that were visible.

But the bandage-wrapped hand was hard to ignore when Hoseok handed him the blazer.

"If you're gonna check me out, at least try to be discrete about it." The emerald-eyed boy chuckled.

The blonde didn't miss the lack of emotion his orbs displayed. Ever since Hoseok dropped him off, he couldn't unsee the exhaustion in the older's eyes. It didn't matter if he looked happy or in the mood to be playful— his emeralds would give away how worn out he really felt inside.

"What happened to your hand?" Jaegeun asked while taking his blazer, ignoring the older male's teasing as he kept his eyes on the bandage.

"Thought it'd be pretty unprofessional coming to school with bruised knuckles from punching a wall." Hoseok answered with a playful grin.

Whether he was being truthful or a really good liar, the blonde didn't believe him. Sure, the guy was annoying and cocky but he always had a calm exterior on. Hoseok didn't seem like the kind to have angry outbursts that lead to a hole in the wall.

But Jaegeun only nodded, deciding it wasn't any of his business.

"Anyways, you left your blazer in my room. Just wanted to give it back. I'll catch you later, sunshine." The orange-haired male winked before walking off with his hands in his pockets and disappearing into a hallway.

It was then that Jaegeun finally noticed the ocean of eyes staring at him after Hoseok left. He was never really a person who enjoyed attention so it was only understandable that the situation at hand made him extremely uncomfortable. Thankfully, someone came to the rescue.

"Woah, why's everyone starin' at you, mate?" Felix questioned, watching the older male close his locker.

"I forgot my blazer at Hoseok's place so he returned it." The blonde simply stated which was enough of an explanation for the blue-eyed boy to know why everyone was staring. Anything involving Hoseok was always the campus' new gossip.

"What were you doin' at his place and why did it involve you havin' to take your blazer off?" Felix raised a curious brow along with a shit-eating grin.