Chapter Ten: It's nice to have a friend

Artist's Brush!
ten. It's nice to have a friend

∞ ₒ ˚ ° 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞

IT WAS NICE TO SEE CHERYL SO BUBBLY AND JOYFUL when she was not high and drunk

IT WAS NICE TO SEE CHERYL SO BUBBLY AND JOYFUL when she was not high and drunk. It brought a smile to Toni's face, and her face hurt from the consistent smiling and laughing that Cheryl brought. Toni and Cheryl had gone to the beach, but they didn't go into the ocean as none of them brought their swimsuits, and Toni was kinda grateful for that. She didn't know if she couldn't handle seeing Cheryl in something with so much skin without furiously blushing.

Instead, they walked along the pier, and Toni watched Cheryl walk down the dock like it was a tightrope. Her arms were stretched out as the chilly September air blew through her hair. The orange sky quickly settled behind them.

"Woo! This is such fun!" Exclaimed Cheryl, closing her eyes to feel the cold against her exposed thighs.

Cheryl knew she should not have worn a skirt today, the wind kept blowing through it, and she had to keep it down from exposing herself. She also wore a mid-sleeve blouse flapped against her skin-Cheryl didn't mind the cold-she embraced it.

There was something special about autumn that Cheryl couldn't explain, but it was her favorite season out of four seasons. Yes, there's no school during summer, but nothing could compare to the feeling of sitting underneath a tree with a book, orange leaves all around you. It was magical. And she treasured every moment of it.

A smile stretched out across her face as she twirled around in a circle, breathing in the fresh air. Cheryl could hear Toni's laughter in the background, she beamed. The electricity she had felt ever since she touched Toni's hand hasn't faded away-but she didn't mind it. It made her feel like a superhero who could save the day.

At least, she could have saved someone. It still nagged her at the back of her brain of how she wasn't able to stop Daisy from joining the "Heathers." Like what if Cheryl had proposed some crazy idea about them that scared her away, or like Cheryl had taken Daisy shopping, or she was actually a good friend?

"Cheryl? You okay?" Asked Toni, her voice laced with concern and much closer than before.

Cheryl opened her eyes and didn't even realize that a tear had fallen down. It felt cold against her chill face. "Yeah-yeah, I'm fine."

"No you're not," Said Toni, her brown eyes full of concern. "Is it about...Daisy?"

Toni's voice was barely above a whisper, and Cheryl slowly nodded. Her face was cold from the breeze and the tears that were streaming down her face. A tear dropped down to her chin.

"Yeah..." Breathed out, Cheryl.

"But you guys made up...right?!" Said Toni, adding the last part very quickly.