Chapter Forty: Blossomed Love

Artist's Brush!
Thirty Forty: Blossomed Love

∞ ₒ ˚ ° 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞

CHERYL. Her name sparkled something within Toni that she couldn't explain—even if she tried. Toni's feelings for Cheryl have blossomed over the past couple of days. Oh, how much she hated and loved it.

Toni loved how funny and sweet that red-head girl was and how Cheryl could easily make Toni smile like a galaxy in the night sky whenever she looked in her direction. She had definitely fallen head over heels with Cheryl. But she hated that Cheryl would probably never love her.

That what she had hated when Toni first met Cheryl—the feeling of knowing that the girl would never like her back because she was into boys, but Toni wanted to shoot her shot with Cheryl—was there even a chance that they could be together?

"Topaz, stop overthinking about wherever you and Cheryl will be together!" Said Sweet Pea, nudging her. "Toni?!"

That snapped Toni out of her daze, and Toni's face reddened, sheepishly looking away to the nearby woods. She had gone back to her trailer in the Southside and sat next to Sweet Pea on her front porch.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about," Stammered Toni, looking away. "I have no idea—"

"Don't play dumb with me," Laughed Sweet Pea. "I know you too well to know that you're probably thinking about that red-head girl."

Toni blushed at the mention of Cheryl. She said, "Well, you got me—I am thinking about Cheryl."

"Cheryl Blossom," Said Sweet Pea, looking at her. "The heiress to the Blossom's fortune."

"Fuck, I totally forgot about that," Groaned Toni, burying her head into her hands. "I totally forgot that she was a Blossom."

"You know how Blossoms are," Said Sweet Pea, clasping his hands. "They're vain, narcissistic, and filthy rich—"

"But Cheryl isn't like that," Said Toni, narrowing her eyes on Sweet Pea. "She's sweet and so wholesome..."

"I know," Nodded Sweet Pea, then laughed, "I was quite surprised when you told me that you liked her because I just assumed that Cheryl was a bitch."

"Oh, haha," Chuckled Toni and shook her head. "But Cheryl isn't like the rest of the Northsider—along with Kathleen, Chanel, Daisy, and Freya—they're all genuine."

"Though, they still have the rich girl vibe," Commented Sweet Pea, cocking an eyebrow. "Well, besides Freya and Daisy..."

"Mhm," Nodded Toni, then shrugged. "But what do you expect when you have been surrounded by money for your entire life?"