Chapter Seventeen: Lipstick stains

Artist's Brush!
Seventeen. Lipstick stains

∞ ₒ ˚ ° 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞

BLUE AND GOLD. The uniform fitted her perfectly though it was a bit stuffy at the edges. Toni looked in the mirror of the girl's locker room and smiled to herself. She never thought that she, Toni Topaz, would get a chance to be a River Vixen. Toni didn't exactly like the girls on the team, but she wouldn't be lying if the thought of a cheerleader didn't enter her mind.

Her dark hair with pink highlights was half up while she let the rest fall down to her shoulders. The smile on her face faded as she bit her lips. What if she fails and embarrasses herself? In front of those popular girls? What if-

"TT! Stop worrying!" Smiled Cheryl. "It's going to be fine-don't worry, you're going to do fine!"

"How do you know?" Asked Toni, furrowing her eyebrows and slumped down. "Everyone's eyes are going to be on me."

"So? Well, give them a show," Cheryl said with a slight smirk. "I thought Toni Topaz wasn't afraid of anything."

"Well, Toni Topaz is scared that you wouldn't impress you-I mean, the girls!" Blushed Toni, her eyes averted to the floor.

Cheryl only laughed and smiled. "You don't have to impress me-because you already do."

She had grasped Toni's shoulder and leaned over her shoulder. Cheryl had a wide smile on her face while Toni's face was nothing more than a blushing mess. Cheryl's pink lips were inches away from her cheeks.

They both looked in the mirror, a smile on both of their faces as they looked at their reflection. Daisy walked in and cleared her throat.

"Erm, Cheryl? Toni?" Asked Daisy very awkwardly.

Cheryl quickly turned around and smiled. "Hey Dai! What is it?"

"They're ready for Toni," Said Daisy, not making eye-contact with Toni. "C'mon, let's go-we have to judge."

Judge. That set her nerves racing again and her heart pumping while her anxiety soared through the roof. Cheryl nodded and told Daisy to go, and she'll meet her house before looking back at Toni.

Cheryl calmly whispered into her ears. "Don't worry, Toni, I know you'll do awesome."

Toni didn't say anything and bit her lips. She glanced away, and Cheryl couldn't see her face. Toni could beard Cheryl sigh, and she felt her body being turned around-Toni was suddenly very close to Cheryl's face.

"Toni Topaz, listen to me," Said Cheryl very softly. "Okay?"

Toni's breath felt clogged, and the words she wanted to say were stuck in her throat. She only nodded. Cheryl smiled and said, "Just pretend that you're dancing for me so you don't need to sweat about it but I know you would do anything for me-so think about it that way."