Day 6

Disclaimer: I don't own Ninjago, just the story.

Day 6 of the Flumptober challenge!  Today's prompt is "Have we met before?"

Jay didn't talk too much of his life before he became a ninja, except for stuff that happened with his parents.  There were reasons for that, reasons that he was hoping to just forget about.  The life he currently had was perfect.  He had amazing friends, an amazing girlfriend, and he was a hero of Ninjago.  He didn't need to remember what happened before, more specifically his school life before he dropped out to become a ninja.

Jay and Nya were on a date at their favorite Italian restaurant.  It was hard for them to find time to themselves and whenever they did find time, they made it count.

"If you'll excuse me," Nya said as she got up.  "I have to use the restroom.  I'll be right back."  She walked away in the direction of the restroom.

After Nya left, a guy, about Jay's age, came up to him.  "Long time, no see," he said.  He had black hair and dark brown eyes.

"Have we met before?" Jay asked confused.  He didn't recognize the person who came up to him.

"You don't remember your old pal.  We used to have so much fun together."  He gave Jay a devious smile.

"Miguel?!"  Jay started panicking inside, but put on a brave face on the outside.  "Are you talking about all the times you bullied me?!"

"Bullied?  I wouldn't call it that."

"Then, what would you call it?"  Jay rolled his eyes.  Memories of what happened back then flashed in his mind, but he's a different person than he was back then.

"Fun."

"Can't you go have your 'fun' elsewhere?"

"Why?  I think we should catch up."

"You know, I'm not the same person that I was back in those days."

"What?  With becoming a 'ninja.'  I don't even know how you even managed to get a girlfriend."

Little did either of them know that Nya had come out and listened to the last bit of the conversaion.  "Excuse me," Nya said and it caught Miguel's attention.  "What did you just say about my boyfriend?"

"Wow Jay," Miguel said.  "You need your girlfriend to come save you."

"For the record, the entire ninja team is afraid of me."

"She's right," Jay said.  "Even her own brother.  You should probably start running now."

"I'm not scared of some girl," Miguel said.

Nya grabbed Miguel's arm and flipped him into one of the tables.  "That's what you get for messing with my boyfriend and saying that you're not afraid of me because I'm a girl."

Jay stood up and wrapped an arm around Nya as they started to walk out.  "You know, I really love you sometimes," Jay said.

Nya giggled.  "I know."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed!