Day 23

Disclaimer: I don't own Ninjago, just the story.

Day 23 of the Flumptober challenge!  Today's prompt is some sort of pet.

The ninja were watching TV in the living room when the lightning chicken came in and wanted to play with them.

"Not right now, buddy," Jay said.

"We were training all day," Cole added.

The chicken got mad and sparks were starting to form around her.

"Calm down," Jay said.  "You can still hang with us."

"Why do we have a chicken out of all pets?" Lloyd asked and the chicken shot him an angry glare.  Lloyd put his hands up in defense.  "Not that I'm really complaining.  I just want to know why we ended up having a chicken instead of maybe...a dog."

"You would have to ask Master Wu that," Kai said.  "He's the one that got the chicken."

"Although, it would be nice to have a dog," Nya said while she was snuggling up to Jay.

"True," Jay said.  "Dogs are fun.  Not that the chicken isn't fun."  Jay added in the last part, so the chicken wouldn't get made at him.

"If we had a dog, what would we name it?" Cole asked.

"How about...Krypto," Lloyd said.

"Isn't Krypto the name of Superman's dog?" Kai asked.

"It's a nice name."

"With our lives, I do not think we would have time to take care of a dog," Zane said.

The others groaned.  "Way to be the buzzkill, Zane," Jay said.

"You just ruined our dream of having a dog," Cole added.  The chicken looked like it was getting ready to shock Cole.  "But you would still be our favorite pet, of course."

"I do not see how it is my fault," Zane said.

"Forget it," Kai said.  "I'm going to bed."

Jay, Lloyd, Cole, and Nya all agreed with Kai and got up to go to bed too.  That just left Zane alone with a chicken.  "How would you feel if we got a dog?" Zane asked.  The chicken got angry again and sparks started to form around her once again.  "Do not worry, I will not let them get a dog."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed!