Endings

Though Korra had fought a lot of people back in the day, this was most definitely the hardest battle she ever participated in.

It wasn't that she was overwhelmed, or that those she was fighting against were more skilled than her, no. What made this battle so difficult was what was at stake.

Her mother, fiancée, friends and people were all at risk right now. So was the future she wanted for the tribe, her future with Asami... The stress was what made this battle so hard.

But not too difficult apparently, given that she had gotten so far with barely a scratch on her body.

She sliced through her enemies with ease, one after the other. Adrenaline was coursing through her veins and her movments were fluent and precise. She couldn't count how many enemies she took down today, nor did she care about the lives she had taken. Those... Monsters... They killed so many people, implented so much destruction... Why should she show any mercy? Have they shown mercy to her father? To her people?

She bent backwards last minute to avoid an attack. The knight she was fighting was impressively tolerant to pain considering that he only had one healthy arm and a cut wound on his back, yet he was still attacking.

She tried to keep her attacks on his unusable side, but he was quick, very quick even. Deciding that this was his biggest strength, thus his biggest fault, she dropped herself to the floor and hit his leg with her sword, somehow able to avoid the splash of blood coming from the open cut. He screamed in agony and fell to his knees, and the moment he did, she swung her sword again, aiming for his neck and almost decapitating him. (It wasn't a clean cut though, which was extremely yucky.)

Getting up, she noticed another Satorian storming her way. Korra pretended she didn't notice though, letting him get closer and closer, and last minute, she jumped to the side. When he lost his balance, she finished finished the job by simply stabbing him in the back.

A third soldier almost caught her unprepared, but at the last moment a white flash came and tackled him, making Korra grin. No doubt, rescuing Naga and the other horses from the Satorian controlled stables had been a brilliant idea, she couldn't count how many knights her horse took out today. Also she missed the damn horse.

"Good girl," she praised as Naga approached, petting her back, "I'll get you as many apples as you want after this."

At that point, they have been fighting for a few good hours, and it seemed to be going well– The Satorians were a mess, and not many of them were. She couldn't help but feel extremely proud of her people. She saw them applying things she taught in Training, she saw them fighting hard. and though her heart ached for those who were hurt or those who didn't make it, she could see that everyone was making sure the sacrifices won't be in vein.

But just as she started to think positive, she caught glimpse of something in the mountains nearby, and turned around to get a better look.

Her heart dropped.

The reinforcement came, and it seemed to have at least double the amount of soldiers currently in town. They came in horses too, and the chief's own hand dropped from Naga in a mixture of shock and fright. The tribe could take them down, they had to take those Satorians down.

But what will be the cost?

Before she was able to shout any commands at her people however, a sound of a blast made her flinch and squint her eyes shut. When she opened them however, she managed to see something round shooting out from somewhere behind her and managing to hit the mountain near where the enemies were. When it hit, a loud crash sound echoed in the valley where the tribe was, and a moment later snow started gushing down fast towards their forces. They tried escaping the avalanche, but it still managed to take down at least a two dozens if not more. This both depleted their forces and bought the tribe time to prepare themselves, it was amazing.