Chapter 5: Help and Ignore

They are in the car with an obvious thickness of silence inside. Taehyung felt awkward since he was with his boss.

"Bo--"

"Is that really okay for you to stay with your friend and let them fuck in that house?" Jungkook suddenly asked.

"Ahm, actually, they are good to me and they barely do nasty stuff. And I'm comfortable with them so I don't mind it." Taehyung retorted.

"Still, you have work now, you should look for a better house so you can feel more comfortable. It's a shame to stay with them because they are a couple." Jungkook stated.

"I know and I'm planning that but I can't do that yet because I don't have enough money to rent. If you don't know, it's hard to rent a house nowadays." Taehyung told him.

"Then, let me help you with that." Jungkook uttered.

"Huh?" Taehyung was confused.

"I can help you find a better place to stay with. I'm sure I can find you one." Jungkook replied.

"Is that really fine, Mr. Jeon? I mean, I felt so honored if you do that. I felt so special." Taehyung smiled.

"Of course, I'm helping you as a friend. Besides, it's not good for you to stay with your friend anymore. Her mate was an Alpha and it's dangerous if he goes into a rut. He will still look for an omega to release his rut. The beta won't able to help him with his rut even though they are mates." Jungkook explained.

"So, we're friends now, Mr. Jeon? Can I call you without being formal?" Taehyung asked a tease.

"Of course, you can call me babe if you want to, I don't mind." Jungkook glanced at him and gave him a wink.

Taehyung was taken aback, he didn't expect that Jungkook will say something like that. He felt a heat rushing through his cheeks and nape. He shrugged off his head and cleared his throat.

"We're here now, Mr. Jeon, I should go first so I won't spread any rumors about us." Taehyung excused and came out of the car.

Jungkook was about to say something but Taehyung already run inside the company.

"Cute." Jungkook smiled softly.

He drives again to park his car in the parking lot.

"Good Morning, Taehyung, how are you? Are you still had a hangover?" Taeui asked while holding a cup of coffee.

"I'm fine, I didn't drink that much." Taehyung smiled sitting on his seat.

"Are you and the CEO close?" Taeui inquired curiously.

"We just became friends." Taehyung uttered swallowing hard.

"Really? Is that mean you are rich?" Taeui asked leaning his back on his desk while drinking the coffee.

"Huh? Of course not, why would I work like this if I'm rich." Taehyung giggled.

"Well, they said he only befriends rich people. If you noticed, their ranks are Alphas that's why no one dares to mess with them because of the power they hold. Everyone knows that they will regret it if they ever try to do something to them." Taeui retorted.

"It's just another rumor, no one knows him well." Taehyung said sighing.

"That's true, you see, he only has rich friends and they are occupying the top 10 richest here in South Korea. So there's no way he will befriend someone like you." The person behind him spoke.

He looked at Kyushu with confusion written on his face.

"There's nothing wrong if he has a friend like us, that's not weird." Taehyung tried to make an excuse.

"There's no way that gonna happen, he grew up as a silver spoon so he must be surrounded by only rich people like him. It would start a rumor if he was seen with poor people." Kyushu explained.

"I understand." Taehyung mumbled biting his bottom lip.

They went back to their own work when Jimin came inside, sign that they should do their work properly and strictly.

-----

Taehyung creaked his neck and stretched his arms. It was already lunchtime and he already finished half of his work. Yet, he had to compile a few files on his table and check if they were arranged neatly and properly.

"Taehyung, would you like to grab lunch with us? We're going out to eat, do you want to come?" Mica asked who was on his right side, tapping his shoulder.

"Okay" Taehyung accepted.

He stood up from his seat and took his coat to leave their department. He followed them and they got inside the elevator. They were talking and laughing about some topics.

Taehyung was glad that he can join them. He felt relief as a newbie. The elevator was opened, and the smile on Taehyung's face faded away when he saw Jungkook who was in front of them.

They made eye contact and Taehyung was the one who break it when he bowed his head to show respect to him while walking out of the elevator. He totally ignored Jungkook and left just like that.

"It seems you got a quarrel with your cute employee. What happened?" Yoongi teased.

"I don't know, we're fine earlier." Jungkook sighed confusedly.

"Hm, something might happen earlier. Or it's because of the rumor here about you again. Geez, when will you make action about that? Did you know that there are a lot of rumors about you and the worst is that you have an omega spouse?" Yoongi stated, shaking his head frustratedly.

"Just let them be, rumors will go soon when they didn't see anything." Jungkook retorted.

"Wow, you really care about that omega more than the rumors about you, you seem problematic about him." Yoongi muttered.

Jungkook was confused, he was sure Taehyung was meant to ignore him but why? They are fine earlier, he didn't mention something to offend him but why he's acting like that.

Well, Taehyung decided to ignore Jungkook so there was no rumor will spread and to know what was Jungkook's real intention to him and why he wanted to get close to him.